Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

born of fire

sherri martel stan account
Supporter
Daps
ok i just saw it

i enjoyed it. sandler did what he needed to being a piece of shyt degenerate gambler who doesn’t know when to quit. i really got the seedy constant run around vibe and it was so uncomfortable at times. when he pawned kg’s ring i definitely thought he wasn’t gonna get it back. i thought the opal wasn’t gonna be worth shyt, like less than whatever it’s actual worth was. there were things i kept thinking we’re gonna happen that didn’t but i didn’t mind.

lakeith did a great job. i wish he was in it more and had a different exit but what he did with his character was nice. i want kevin garnett to be in more movies, his scene at the end was cool. i knew julia fox hadn’t really acted much before cause her acting in this movie wasn’t great tbh.

idina did an ok job at playing a rich jewish wife. idk it felt like there was a little bit of exploration into his family life but not enough for me to care? like his daughter is pissed at him, his youngest son is kinda quiet and his oldest son wants to be just like him. i felt like they should’ve either dived deeper into his family life or spent less time on it. i think the garbage can scene and the scene where his son has to take a shyt could’ve been cut that wasn’t needed.

the 2012 vibe was captured perfectly.

i liked it. i’d watch again. just too long. but i’m glad i saw it. gave me anxiety but in a good way. i’d write more but ... anyways

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
ok i just saw it

i enjoyed it. sandler did what he needed to being a piece of shyt degenerate gambler who doesn’t know when to quit. i really got the seedy constant run around vibe and it was so uncomfortable at times. when he pawned kg’s ring i definitely thought he wasn’t gonna get it back. i thought the opal wasn’t gonna be worth shyt, like less than whatever it’s actual worth was. there were things i kept thinking we’re gonna happen that didn’t but i didn’t mind.

lakeith did a great job. i wish he was in it more and had a different exit but what he did with his character was nice. i want kevin garnett to be in more movies, his scene at the end was cool. i knew julia fox hadn’t really acted much before cause her acting in this movie wasn’t great tbh.

idina did an ok job at playing a rich jewish wife. idk it felt like there was a little bit of exploration into his family life but not enough for me to care? like his daughter is pissed at him, his youngest son is kinda quiet and his oldest son wants to be just like him. i felt like they should’ve either dived deeper into his family life or spent less time on it. i think the garbage can scene and the scene where his son has to take a shyt could’ve been cut that wasn’t needed.

the 2012 vibe was captured perfectly.

i liked it. i’d watch again. just too long. but i’m glad i saw it. gave me anxiety but in a good way. i’d write more but ... anyways
Agree about the family. I wanted to know more about why his wife was done with him and his daughter saw right thru him. I think his son lost faith to after he realized he was cheating on his Mom.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Agree about the family. I wanted to know more about why his wife was done with him and his daughter saw right thru him. I think his son lost faith to after he realized he was cheating on his Mom.

I assumed his wife and daughter both knew he was cheating with his assistant. That’s why his wife seemed surprised they were going to visit the Manhattan apartment because that was where he kept his mistress and he kind of alluded that it was over between him and her.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I assumed his wife and daughter both knew he was cheating with his assistant. That’s why his wife seemed surprised they were going to visit the Manhattan apartment because that was where he kept his mistress and he kind of alluded that it was over between him and her.
Yeah, IIRC he told his wife shyt was over, even called the side chick a whore.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yeah, IIRC he told his wife shyt was over, even called the side chick a whore.

Funny story I think his wife was going to take him back. Her even calling the cops cause that call he made sounded crazy at the end to me showed me still sort of cared about him.

I could only imagine if this was real life the trial for the murderers and the mistress having to explain how she took the money to gamble and KG being in the paper because he had interacted with the murderers a few times.

Like if they did a credits roll of that it would have been hilarious

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Ending wiki

While Howard celebrates and releases the trio from the vestibule, a fed-up Phil suddenly shoots him in the face. A horrified Arno protests and tries to escape, but Phil shoots him in the head. Dinah, concerned Howard is in danger due to recent events, calls the police. An overjoyed Julia leaves Mohegan Sun with the winnings on her way back to Howard, unaware that he has been killed, while Phil and Nico loot the store of its contents as the sound of police sirens is heard in the distance and the deceased Howard lies bleeding on the floor.

Daps
This movie was great! I was surprised af fukk to see KG and the Weeknd. Love what the Safdie brothers are putting out can't wait to see what's next from these guys.

Also, everyone should check out Punch Drunk Love another excellent movie where Adam Sandler gives an amazing performance. With the right director, Adam can shine.