Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
So you think Ainge is doing this.... to help the Lakers?

Nah. He knows it's a foregone conclusion that Bron's joining the Lakers and that Bron is waiting for Kawhi to join the Lakers before he decides to sign there. And Ainge knows that Lakers are trying to pair Bron with Kawhi out West. So he's throwing the Cs' hat in the ring knowing that the Lakers are going to have to pay through their ass to get Kawhi, thereby making it difficult to surround Bron and Kawhi with much else in assets since said assets will have been given up solely for Kawhi. And Kawhi and Bron by themselves aren't enough for the Lakers to topple the Warriors. Meanwhile, the path to the East becomes that much lighter.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Danny should know it is a waste of time to engage the Spurs with a weak offer for a great two-way player.

I don't think he really is going in for Kawhi and he'd improve his offer if he got reassurances from Kawhi that he's staying beyond this upcoming season. He's playing this situation perfectly. His plan is to sabotage the Lakers and get Bron to head out West.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Baynes back for 2 years, $11 mil with a player option for year 2

What's notable is that the Celtics are still $11 mil under the tax after this deal so they still have to full MLE to work with. I'm thinking either they offer something in that range to Smart or they give it to another FA and go over the tax to keep Smart? :jbhmm:

Unfortunately my dream scenario of someone overpaying for Smart seems highly unlikely at the moment :francis:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Baynes back for 2 years, $11 mil with a player option for year 2

What's notable is that the Celtics are still $11 mil under the tax after this deal so they still have to full MLE to work with. I'm thinking either they offer something in that range to Smart or they give it to another FA and go over the tax to keep Smart? :jbhmm:

Unfortunately my dream scenario of someone overpaying for Smart seems highly unlikely at the moment :francis:

If Danny Ainge was ruthless GM I think he is, he'll wait it out to see the market for Marcus.

Either Marcus gets overpaid, or they wait it out long enough for Marcus to face reality that no one is gonna pay that much for his talents. Works great in the Celtics favor

e001

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how to feel about Baynes, I feel like he plays well most of the time and for some reason I still don't like him :pachaha:
I want to see more Theis and Williams than him, whenever he switches on a wing it always results in an uncontested three, he also can't block a shot to save his life even though he protects the paint well his his body.