Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's gonna be interesting what we do with our guard rotation. Do we match Marcus? Do we Match Terry next year or let him go if he signs a big contract? Or do we trade Terry before the trade deadline next year? I still hope we sign Jabari. I liked what he did when he got playing time. Larkin might be the odd man out with signing Wannamaker. Nader needs to get 86'd asap. Or what if Nader finally turns the corner next year?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's gonna be interesting what we do with our guard rotation. Do we match Marcus? Do we Match Terry next year or let him go if he signs a big contract? Or do we trade Terry before the trade deadline next year? I still hope we sign Jabari. I liked what he did when he got playing time. Larkin might be the odd man out with signing Wannamaker. Nader needs to get 86'd asap. Or what if Nader finally turns the corner next year?

I think Terry stays unless for now it's a deal Ainge can't pass up, at the very least he's insurance for Kyrie. Smart will be brought back unless someone offers him something ridiculous, which I hope happens. Larkin is expected to leave for a team where he'll have a larger role. Hopefully Bird takes Nader's spot, he is not an NBA player

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I think Terry stays unless for now it's a deal Ainge can't pass up, at the very least he's insurance for Kyrie. Smart will be brought back unless someone offers him something ridiculous, which I hope happens. Larkin is expected to leave for a team where he'll have a larger role. Hopefully Bird takes Nader's spot, he is not an NBA player

True 100% agree. I like Bobby Brown aka Kurupt aka Keith Murray aka Terry Rozier

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Looks like Aaron's coming back...

Center Aron Baynes, who was one of Boston’s premier leaders and bench contributors last season, is expected to become a free agent July 1. But the Celtics are expected to re-sign the 31-year-old New Zealand-born Aussie to a multiyear contract, NBC Sports Boston’s A. Sherrod Blakely reported Tuesday, citing league sources.

“(Last season) was the first in which the fifth-year pro played an integral part for one of the better teams in the NBA,” Blakely wrote. “And it’s a role that multiple league sources believe will continue, as they expect the Celtics to sign the veteran big man to a multiyear deal.”

NBA Rumors: Celtics ‘Expected’ To Re-Sign Aron Baynes To Multiyear Deal

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Looks like Aaron's coming back...

Center Aron Baynes, who was one of Boston’s premier leaders and bench contributors last season, is expected to become a free agent July 1. But the Celtics are expected to re-sign the 31-year-old New Zealand-born Aussie to a multiyear contract, NBC Sports Boston’s A. Sherrod Blakely reported Tuesday, citing league sources.

“(Last season) was the first in which the fifth-year pro played an integral part for one of the better teams in the NBA,” Blakely wrote. “And it’s a role that multiple league sources believe will continue, as they expect the Celtics to sign the veteran big man to a multiyear deal.”

NBA Rumors: Celtics ‘Expected’ To Re-Sign Aron Baynes To Multiyear Deal

Good. 3/18 or 21?

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
"We go into next season with a lot of options, high expectations, and a lot of reason for optimism.

I’ve talked with Kyrie, and I know he is progressing really well, and plans to start training hard pretty soon. We’ve both been itching to re-join these guys after watching what they did in the postseason.

Even before last season, just being around guys like Terry Rozier, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown through training camp, I thought those guys were really good, and it was just going to be a matter of gaining experience for them. Now they have gained really, really valuable experience, and I think it just makes us even better next year.

It will almost be like a pick-your-poison type deal, especially if somebody is not having their best game. You’ve got three, four, even five other guys that can pick it up for you, and that is a good problem to have. You can never have too many options, and we’ve got a coach in Brad Stevens who knows how to put everyone in a position to be successful better than anyone. I know he will be able to figure it out.

I also know that there isn’t going to be any ego. The guys that we have on the team, we want to win a title. And if everyone has that mindset, then nothing else matters."

Gordon Hayward optimistic about Celtics' next season: 'We want to win a title'