Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
The only we could land Lebron is if A) Kyrie has a talk with him and they work things out, and B) if he's willing to take a MASSIVE pay cut and sign for the vet minimum. I would not get rid of any of our guys to create cap space for him. It would be a bad look business wise if we did.

It would have to be a Hayward sign and trade

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps

giphy.gif

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about trading for Kawhii unless the price is right. We're gonna have to mortgage the future for a guy who's had quad issues since 2016, and is a 1 year rental who wants to play for the Lakers. Our depth would be weak if the trade happens. Danny better not get too cute. This could be another Paul George situation.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I don't know about trading for Kawhii unless the price is right. We're gonna have to mortgage the future for a guy who's had quad issues since 2016, and is a 1 year rental who wants to play for the Lakers. Our depth would be weak if the trade happens. Danny better not get too cute. This could be another Paul George situation.
One game away from the finals with no Kyrie, no Hayward. No need to blow it up in my mind.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
It's crazy how when it comes to trades people expect us to give up the moon, but no other team is held to that standard

Like apparently Jalen Rose said the Celtics would have to give up Brown & Tatum in a Kawhi deal, then said Philly could get it done for Saric & Fultz :bryan:

Jalen gotta be a Coli poster :ohhh::russ:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Pretty happy with this team, only trade to explore imo is if we dont think we can sign irving long term, may have to deal with that.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
The Celtics reportedly will be among the teams interested in the center when he becomes a free agent, according to NBC Sports Boston’s A. Sherrod Blakely. “Several teams will vie for (Howard’s) services, including the Boston Celtics,” Blakely wrote Thursday. “And while it remains to be seen what Howard will be looking for salary-wise from Boston, a chance to play for a title contender might be enticing enough for him to come to terms on a salary that the Celtics feel comfortable with going forward.”

The Charlotte Hornets agreed to trade Howard to the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday. But with the Nets still a few seasons away from being any sort of legitimate contender — and considering the 32-year-old’s career is closer to the end than the beginning — Howard reportedly is negotiating a buyout so he can become a free agent. “I want to be in a situation where I have an opportunity to help a team win,” Howard told ESPN’s Chris Haynes on Thursday. “That’s my only goal. All I need is a real chance and a clean slate where it’s not people talking about my past.”

NBA Rumors: Celtics Expected To Be In Play For Center Dwight Howard

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Celtics reportedly will be among the teams interested in the center when he becomes a free agent, according to NBC Sports Boston’s A. Sherrod Blakely. “Several teams will vie for (Howard’s) services, including the Boston Celtics,” Blakely wrote Thursday. “And while it remains to be seen what Howard will be looking for salary-wise from Boston, a chance to play for a title contender might be enticing enough for him to come to terms on a salary that the Celtics feel comfortable with going forward.”

The Charlotte Hornets agreed to trade Howard to the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday. But with the Nets still a few seasons away from being any sort of legitimate contender — and considering the 32-year-old’s career is closer to the end than the beginning — Howard reportedly is negotiating a buyout so he can become a free agent. “I want to be in a situation where I have an opportunity to help a team win,” Howard told ESPN’s Chris Haynes on Thursday. “That’s my only goal. All I need is a real chance and a clean slate where it’s not people talking about my past.”

NBA Rumors: Celtics Expected To Be In Play For Center Dwight Howard
I was talking about this with a co-worker today. I immediately shot the idea down because Dwight has a history of childish behavior and fukk shyt and I have no tolerance for that kind of stuff. I don't think he's ever had the killer mentality. Here's what I quickly realized. He doesn't need to possess it and we can still benefit immensely from this acquisition if we don't pay too much. I have faith in Danny to pull this off.

I like this a lot better than giving up the farm for AD