Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
No Morris tonight. Horford is still questionable with an illness but unlikely to play tonight.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Fast forward about five months. The Celtics have passed the 50-win threshold for the second year in a row. They are well on their way to secure a better record than a season ago, a feat that every Stevens-coached Celtics teams have achieved in his first five seasons. Brad Stevens has put together the finest coaching job of his career, and with the regular season coming to end, the NBA’s Coach of the Year award should be all his.

The Celtics have consistently had a top five net rating all season with a roster containing five rookies and what seems like an endless amount of injuries. Other than Hayward, the Celtics’ main rotation players—Irving, Horford, Brown, Tatum, Smart, Rozier, Morris— have missed a combined 82 games this season. That’s not to mention Daniel Theis missing the latter part of the year with a meniscus tear.

A new roster, an inexperienced bench, and injuries to key players haven’t seemed to doom the Celtics, especially against the top teams in the NBA. The Celtics have the best record in the league against the NBA’s top eight teams.

Brad Stevens is the clear choice for Coach of the Year

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Think I’d rather play Milwaukee than Miami or Washington. Outside of Giannis their roster is extremely flawed and I have 0 doubt that Stevens would coach circles around Prunty or w/e his name is.

Miami is the only one I worry about. Washington IMO would be a tough 5 to 6 game series, but that would be it. They have regressed in the past years

Miami would be easily a 6 to 7 game series though

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Miami is the only one I worry about. Washington IMO would be a tough 5 to 6 game series, but that would be it. They have regressed in the past years

Miami would be easily a 6 to 7 game series though
Opposite for me. In the Playoffs, talent/superstars mean so much more. This was proven last year when a dysfunctional Bulls team almost beat the C's in the 1st round with a mediocre coach. Butler and Rondo were locked in and dominated our collection of role players and a 5'9 PG playing under grief. Another example is when a Washington team who went below .500 in the 2nd half of the season swept the Raptors without HCA back in 2015.

If we don't have Kyrie, we don't have a superstar to match Giannis and Wall/Beal. Miami doesn't have a star or legit go-to offensive option and relies on defense/out working/out coaching their opponents. They aren't going to out defend, out work, or out coach us, and they don't have an elite talent to overwhelm us either. I want them in round 1 out of the three options.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Opposite for me. In the Playoffs, talent/superstars mean so much more. This was proven last year when a dysfunctional Bulls team almost beat the C's in the 1st round with a mediocre coach. Butler and Rondo were locked in and dominated our collection of role players and a 5'9 PG playing under grief. Another example is when a Washington team who went below .500 in the 2nd half of the season swept the Raptors without HCA back in 2015.

If we don't have Kyrie, we don't have a superstar to match Giannis and Wall/Beal. Miami doesn't have a star or legit go-to offensive option and relies on defense/out working/out coaching their opponents. They aren't going to out defend, out work, or out coach us, and they don't have an elite talent to overwhelm us either. I want them in round 1 out of the three options.

You know what, you got a point. If Rondo didn't get injured, I legit think Bulls might have won that series. Even though Brad Stevens did make crucial adjustments

I still say Wizards are a better matchup for the Celtics. Now that I think of it the Bucks can be the biggest threat. People say Giannis hasn't lived up to the hype yet, but for all we know he could explode in this upcoming playoffs