Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the Arthritis means he'll never be the same again, or would the surgery he needs make him at least 85% healthy?
I'm not sure but arthritis in a guy in his 20's is a very bad thing. Brandon Roy was never the same and had to retire early. I think they should try to nip this in the bud before it gets worse.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I'm not sure but arthritis in a guy in his 20's is a very bad thing. Brandon Roy was never the same and had to retire early. I think they should try to nip this in the bud before it gets worse.

What would surgery do to take away the arthritis?

Cause I read he still had to get the bone spurs flushed out or something

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What would surgery do to take away the arthritis?

Cause I read he still had to get the bone spurs flushed out or something
According to that doctor, arthritis could be one of three scenarios. One scenario is where the joint connecting the kneecap to the shin and femur grinds down the cartilage. If that's the case then it's permanent. It could be treated with steroid injections, prp (whatever that is), and stem cells. With that I think he'd be cooked. He might not have arthritis but of course I'm thinking of the worst case scenario. Best case is where the screws are irritating the tendons in his knee and need to be removed. Doctor said if they take the screws out Kyrie will have 6 weeks of rehab. That might be what it is since he does have tendonitis. It was speculated that Kyrie needs to have scar tissue cleaned up also about a week ago.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Anthony Bennett on deck...

Depending on the results of Kyrie Irving’s “minimally invasive” knee surgery procedure, the C’s might look to add another player via the “hardship roster exception,” NBC Sports Boston’s A. Sherrod Blakely reported Friday.

NBA teams only are eligible for the exception if they have four players miss a minimum of three consecutive games, and who late are ruled out for at least two more weeks. Boston already has met three of the four requirements: Gordon Hayward has been out since the season opener with a dislocated ankle, Daniel Theis is out for the season after suffering a torn meniscus and Marcus Smart reportedly is out at least until the playoffs after having surgery to repair a torn thumb ligament.

...If Boston adds another player, that player won’t be allowed to participate in the postseason, according to Blakely. That means the Celtics likely would look at adding someone from the G League, including from their own affiliate, the Maine Red Claws.

NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Injury Could Allow Celtics To Add Another Player

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah but brandon roy was basically Mike Giminski from back in the 80s. Both had lost all their meniscus in both knees so it was bone one bone

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Kyrie will be out for 3-6 weeks. They removed a tension wire from his left knee.

Kyrie Irving Injury Update | Boston Celtics

Not mad at that :ehh:

This surgery looks like temporary one for the playoffs. Let's just hope he gets the real surgical procedure in the offseason. I don't care if he has to sit out the first 2 months of the season. Just get 100% healthy Kyrie :mjcry:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not mad at that :ehh:

This surgery looks like temporary one for the playoffs. Let's just hope he gets the real surgical procedure in the offseason. I don't care if he has to sit out the first 2 months of the season. Just get 100% healthy Kyrie :mjcry:
They said his knee was 100% healed structurally. Seems like he's fine long term once he comes back from this.