Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps

"Obviously that's the really hard part about this, from a coach's or players' perspective, is within any change, there's an emotional cost that's attached. And that's a pretty significant emotional cost. And I thought that he captured that really well. I look forward to seeing him, not on the court, not against him, because he's a dynamite player, but I'm happy to have had a chance to work with him."

Celtics coach Brad Stevens responds to Isaiah Thomas' article: 'I love Isaiah'

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
At times during the regular season, according to Smart, Ainge and coach Brad Stevens reiterated their desire for the 23-year-old to take on more responsibility and blossom into the player they believed he could be.

Smart took their word and carried it into the offseason. He hired a personal chef for the first time in his professional career and spent more time in the gym than he ever had. The results were staggering. The 6-foot-4-inch Smart, who said he played as heavy as 240 pounds last season, shed 20 in the last two months.

“I’ve been in the gym nonstop, been eating right, making sure my body’s right,” Smart said on Wednesday during a visit to Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center.

“It’s a different me. I’m more explosive and I’m healthy,” Smart said. “That’s a big part for me. I had to get on my plan. I’m really focused and I locked in this summer.”

Marcus Smart prepared to shoulder added responsibility for Celtics - The Boston Globe

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
The Celtics managed just 1.06 points per possession in transition, a mark that tied for the sixth worst in the league (per NBA.com). Points are supposed to be easier to come by on the break than in any other context, but Boston was actually significantly more efficient scoring the ball in the half court than on the run.

Some of that was probably tied to philosophy. The Celtics didn’t abandon attacking in transition, but they didn’t prioritize it either. Boston finished the year in the middle of the pack with regards to pace (13th per Basketball Reference). Most of the issue at hand, however, was tied to the the team’s limited personnel.

The real reason for hope here lies with the players that Boston has added to its roster.

Boston Celtics: A roster in transition seeks to solve its transition woes

Just another example of how the additions of Irving and Hayward help the Celtics :Durant_Mad:

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Cant believe smart was 240. Damn

Last Season:
marcus-smart-1.jpg

Now:
smart_on_weight906_1920x1080_1040974915926.jpg

He wasn't a big dude before but there's a noticeable difference now in his face.

Apparently he's been working on his 3-ball shooting as well.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
No, he cut off the beard because he was filming Uncle Drew this summer when the trade was made.

Pretty desperate dap-fishing, breh...

I take it your black and a Boston fan huh? Any black man supporting racist organizations like the Patriots, Redsox, Bruinsor any Team in New England for that matter are c00ns.. Who's side are you on? :Mjfukkup:

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
One thing that can hold any lineup back is if Stevens is concerned about saving some of the better players’ minutes, so the second unit is not too much of a liability.

Rozier will play a huge role in ensuring that Stevens gets to use the top combinations that he wants, and those units will not be too worried about making up so much for the second unit.

It may not happen right away. but Stevens will give Rozier the time he needs to make this kind of difference. With such a fresh roster, Stevens will need multiple players to break out.

For Rozier, breaking out is not even necessarily improving his ability at all. Rozier does not have to be a top shooter and he does not have to be perfect on the defensive end to still have an impact.

Of course, the Celtics would love to get that out of Rozier, and that is where his potential comes from. The difference with Rozier is that if he is just serviceable, then a bunch of things can open up for other players.

The Terry Rozier Difference

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I take it your black and a Boston fan huh? Any black man supporting racist organizations like the Patriots, Redsox, Bruinsor any Team in New England for that matter are c00ns.. Who's side are you on? :Mjfukkup:

Told them about emotional Bias.

It's not healthy and clouds their knowledge :yeshrug: