Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
lol im not even gonna argue with some fakkit about "his team

Dudes in here don't know shyt about basketball :yeshrug:
Celtics aren't even my team you bytch ass nikka:mjlol: I'm a cavs fan:deadmanny: I just know how to be objective and not a homotional ass nikka like you.
Where is all of this optimism about running the east in the future coming from? Teams have to ACTUALLY PROVE something first before making statements like that

Try winning two fukking playoff rounds first before talking bout running a conference
It's called projection. If Bron leaves next year what team do you think is next in line :jbhmm: Even if he doesn't leave he'll be a year older while Boston's young players will have another season under their belt. How long do you expect the cavs to run the east?

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Celtics aren't even my team you bytch ass nikka:mjlol: I'm a cavs fan:deadmanny: I just know how to be objective and not a homotional ass nikka like you.

It's called projection. If Bron leaves next year what team do you think is next in line :jbhmm: Even if he doesn't leave he'll be a year older while Boston's young players will have another season under their belt. How long do you expect the cavs to run the east?

If Bron leaves next year the Wizards and Bucks still exist....other teams can get better......again tell me why the Celtics automatically run that conference? We havent see them prove a damn thing on the floor yet.

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
If Bron leaves next year the Wizards and Bucks still exist....other teams can get better......again tell me why the Celtics automatically run that conference? We havent see them prove a damn thing on the floor yet.
You just said what have the Celtics proved yet you name the bucks and wizards who accomplished way less:mjlol: Celtics got the best coach of those three and had a #1 seed and made the ECF. What has those teams done? That doesn't mean we dimiss those teams or the sixers but as of now the Celtics got next. Nobody said those other teams were garbage but they got more work to do than boston

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

God forbid the Celtics get more love than a team they beat last year and a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 16 years

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
You just said what have the Celtics proved yet you name the bucks and wizards who accomplished way less:mjlol: Celtics got the best coach of those three and had a #1 seed and made the ECF. What has those teams done? That doesn't mean we dimiss those teams or the sixers but as of now the Celtics got next. Nobody said those other teams were garbage but they got more work to do than boston

God forbid the Celtics get more love than a team they beat last year and a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 16 years

Kyrie, Hayward, Horford have YET to play a single game together, make the playoffs together, win a round together....but suddenly we pencilling them in for running a conference for the next few years

Brad Stephens finally won 2 playoff rounds this year and then got dogwalked in the ECF.....and was down 2 games to none in the FIRST round of the playoffs before Rondo's injury ended up being a gamechanger.

So YEA.....I am fukking skeptical about Boston running the conference the next few years...Bron or no Bron in the conference

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Kyrie, Hayward, Horford have YET to play a single game together, make the playoffs together, win a round together....but suddenly we pencilling them in for running a conference for the next few years

Brad Stephens finally won 2 playoff rounds this year and then got dogwalked in the ECF.....and was down 2 games to none in the FIRST round of the playoffs before Rondo's injury ended up being a gamechanger.

So YEA.....I am fukking skeptical about Boston running the conference the next few years...Bron or no Bron in the conference
So kyrie and Haywood makes them worse:mjlol:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
So kyrie and Haywood makes them worse:mjlol:

So the team that went to the ECF didnt lose other surrounding pieces as well

When did Hayward suddenly become the second coming of Larry Bird?.......

but again I am glad Kyrie also has his "own" team because these are the questions "franchise players" get to silence.....increase workload, defensive responsibility, media scrutiny, etc etc

He's got two years and he is on the clock

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Then who else do you pencil in?

The Wizards who haven't made the ECF in 40 years, have arguably the worst GM in basketball, and have piss-poor depth without a whole lot of options for improvement?

The Bucks whose two future stars consists of a player who can't score in the halfcourt and one other with two torn ACLs?

The fukking Raptors? :mjlol:

You gonna pray that Embiid's glass knees can hold up? :heh:

No one can predict the future obviously, but face it when looking at the outlook of the East if Bron leaves, it's pretty clear what team has the best argument.

And the Celtics absolutely got better. Kyrie is basically IT without the height disability while being an even better scorer. Hayward is a significant upgrade over Crowder. Marcus Morris is an upgrade over the corpse of Amir Johnson. You taking Jonas Jerebko over Tatum? We supposed to cry over losing Kelly Olynyk? Losing Bradley will be the biggest task from a replacement standpoint but at the same time, Stevens showed last year that he can win games without him

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
So the team that went to the ECF didnt lose other surrounding pieces as well

When did Hayward suddenly become the second coming of Larry Bird?.......

but again I am glad Kyrie also has his "own" team because these are the questions "franchise players" get to silence.....increase workload, defensive responsibility, media scrutiny, etc etc

He's got two years and he is on the clock
Who said Hayward is bird:comeon: Last I checked everyone said it was Kyrie's team so where did you get Gordon is Larry from:stopitslime: And yes they lost some but that's because they upgraded for better players:mindblown: I'm sure kyrie doesn't give a fukk about being on the clock because this is what he wanted.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
"And I think it just sort of developed into this special thing, this special connection and moment. Everyone’s got their numbers and statistics all crunched — and all these experts, man, they think they have this entire league figured out. But they ain’t never figured me right. And they ain’t never figured the importance of having a winning culture — from the fans, to the players, to the coaches, to the front office, all the way up to the top. And we had that here. This was the first place, the first organization, the first group of fans in the league that didn’t take one look at me, take one look at my size, and put me into the same role as always. The Boston Celtics let me have a chance to be great. And I’ll never forget that."

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/isaiah-thomas-trade-celtics-cavaliers

:Isaiah::Isaiah::Isaiah: