Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I guess the red claws traded for Anthony Bennett. I know he is considered the biggest bust ever, but he does have skills that brad likes. Big guy that can knock down jumpers in the pick-n-pop or roll to the bucket and finish strong, he can run the floor, he has long arms. I can honestly say I have never seen the guy play. From what I hear fans say is that he's dumb on the defensive end, and that's a huge flaw. I'm hoping he's matured and learned how to play defense on a pro level. If we can convince him that he doesn't have to try to live up to his 1st pick expectations, that he just has to play solid d, run the floor, set screens, get rebounds, and knock down open shots, we might have a diamond in the rough solid contributor.

It might just be wishful thinking and dude truly is a complete waist though.:manny:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
So I guess the red claws traded for Anthony Bennett. I know he is considered the biggest bust ever, but he does have skills that brad likes. Big guy that can knock down jumpers in the pick-n-pop or roll to the bucket and finish strong, he can run the floor, he has long arms. I can honestly say I have never seen the guy play. From what I hear fans say is that he's dumb on the defensive end, and that's a huge flaw. I'm hoping he's matured and learned how to play defense on a pro level. If we can convince him that he doesn't have to try to live up to his 1st pick expectations, that he just has to play solid d, run the floor, set screens, get rebounds, and knock down open shots, we might have a diamond in the rough solid contributor.

It might just be wishful thinking and dude truly is a complete waist though.:manny:

But isn't that why we have Dancing Bear? :patrice:

If Stevens can bring any life into Bennett, I'd be all for it at a low cost.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Tatum will still need to see his role on the team increase, and will need to be a more important presence in every game before he can catch up, but that is exactly where he is trending. Brad Stevens has talked about how his role is going to increase as the season goes on, and he has emerged as the second scoring option behind Kyrie Irving in the month of December.

The best part is that there has been a clear increase in volume and usage from Tatum, and yet he is maintaining some of the most absurd efficiency the league has ever seen. He is over 50 percent overall, over 47 percent from three, and he has now scored as many points as Simmons, on 100 fewer shot attempts. He has also passed Simmons in overall shooting percentage, despite doing a lot of his work form long range, as opposed to right at the rim.

Jayson Tatum Making A Rookie of the Year Push

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Giannis Antetokounmpo: “He’s the number-one option right now. He knows that. His teammates know that. He’s out there having fun, as you can tell. He’s just competing hard.”

Harrison Barnes: “I don’t know if he does anything differently, but he has more of an opportunity. He’s the number-one option. The difference is that he plays more of his game. I think he scores in a variety of ways. He can shoot the three, get to the money and finish, and have the in-between game, which makes things really hard to scout.”

Marcin Gortat: “He’s Kyrie Irving. He’s always going to get you 20. It doesn’t matter what day or what game or what team. He’s always going to get you 20. First of all, he takes a certain amount of shots that he will make half of them, or a one third of them, and he’s going to get 20 easily. He’s leading his team. He’s good.”

Gary Harris: “He’s still the same person. He’s just holding these guys accountable. You notice in the fourth quarter he’s getting on guys — even though they’re up — getting on them about taking care of the ball, making sure they’re running the play the right way. He’s stepping up and becoming more of a leader than he already was.”

Joe Johnson: “It’s totally different because he’s so in control of the game. He can really pick his spots — when he wants to attack versus when he wants to be kind of passive and get other guys involved. He controls that from start to finish.”

Robin Lopez: “He’s playing pretty freely in Boston, not that he didn’t in Cleveland, but I think he’s definitely enjoying being ‘that guy’ here. He’s definitely getting his shots, but he’s also putting guys in the right places. He’s making everybody around him better. He’s so talented in so many different facets of the game and just constantly getting better here.”

Donovan Mitchell: “When you go from a team where he’s not ‘the guy’ to a team where you have to be ‘the guy,’ it brings out a different player and a different person. It brings out a different energy that you have, and I think his leadership qualities have definitely been shown in Boston. He’s a leader. He’s a true leader. And he’s quick: He gets to where he wants to get, and you know it’s going to happen.”

Dirk Nowitzki: “He’s always been an amazing, amazing offensive talent — probably has the best handle in the game. He’s a clutch shot-maker. Now he just gets the opportunity a little more down the stretch to his thing. He’s been fantastic, making big shots, making big plays off the dribble. It’s been incredibly fun to watch.”

John Wall: “He moves a lot more without the ball. A lot of the plays they run are kind of like what they ran for Isaiah Thomas. He still can score the ball any way you want him to. He’s a guy that’s probably the best clutch player so far in this league, in terms of making shots and making plays. There’s not a defense he hasn’t seen. There’s not a shot he hasn’t made.”

:KyrieStrikesAgain:

25 NBA players weigh in on whether Kyrie Irving plays differently in Boston than in Cleveland