Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I agree.

Perhaps Ainge and Stevens want to see how far this team goes this season before making moves. I'm only speculating but maybe they think Hayward can still contribute this season. Or maybe they want to see whether Bron bounces after this season before putting all the chips on the table.

We'll see but not flipping that exception could end up being a huge mistake if there isn't a bigger plan in place.

It must be the workouts from Gordon Hayward that they are secretly hiding. He's probably moving along very well

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why did we lose? Not a single defensive rebound in the last 7 minutes of the game. They either scored or got offensive rebounds until they scored. Only way we got a stop was a turnover. You're not beating the Atlanta Hawks playing like that, let alone a legitimate playoff team

Funny thing is, the team was actually holding their own on the boards to begin the season but I guess that was all a mirage and the team hasn't changed a bit. Baynes has been basically unplayable these past few weeks

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Why did we lose? Not a single defensive rebound in the last 7 minutes of the game. They either scored or got offensive rebounds until they scored. Only way we got a stop was a turnover. You're not beating the Atlanta Hawks playing like that, let alone a legitimate playoff team

Funny thing is, the team was actually holding their own on the boards to begin the season but I guess that was all a mirage and the team hasn't changed a bit. Baynes has been basically unplayable these past few weeks

Why has Baynes become unplayable? He was doing so well in the beginning of the season

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why has Baynes become unplayable? He was doing so well in the beginning of the season

Think progressive fatigue from this brutal schedule. That London game has fukked us because we only play 1 game in a 10 day stretch so as a result they had to jam games in beforehand. Like Toronto passed us up in win percentage and we’ve played 6 more games than them.

The reality is that this team isn’t as good as they were during the winning streak, but they’re not as bad as they’ve been these last few weeks. Likely somewhere in the middle and that’s probably the form they’ll be in once they get that time off.

But again Ainge needs to make a move room for the frontcourt. The Warriors are supposedly considering trading McGee, that might be a low end option

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Think progressive fatigue from this brutal schedule. That London game has fukked us because we only play 1 game in a 10 day stretch so as a result they had to jam games in beforehand. Like Toronto passed us up in win percentage and we’ve played 6 more games than them.

The reality is that this team isn’t as good as they were during the winning streak, but they’re not as bad as they’ve been these last few weeks. Likely somewhere in the middle and that’s probably the form they’ll be in once they get that time off.

But again Ainge needs to make a move room for the frontcourt. The Warriors are supposedly considering trading McGee, that might be a low end option

For the love of God, anything but McGee. Lower BB IQ than even DeAndre Jordan

Why not get Zizic back, since Cavs dropped him?
Or that other Brazilian 7'3 center Cavs dropped

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For the love of God, anything but McGee. Lower BB IQ than even DeAndre Jordan

Why not get Zizic back, since Cavs dropped him?
Or that other Brazilian 7'3 center Cavs dropped

McGee isn't the brightest, but he's a good shotblocker and he's not allergic to rebounds :manny:

Zizic is still with the Cavs and he's yet to impress me. I wouldn't mind take a chance on Tavares either