Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who would've thought there would be this much drama about a damn tribute video

I agree. I understand IT wanting his family there and what not. I do kind of think he should have just had the video and move on but its not as big of a deal as people making it out to be.

He brought that team back from irrelevancy after the Big 3 broke up. Took them to the ECF, recruited Horford and Hayward and made Boston an attractive destination for free agents. That is a fukking lot for one player to do. Give him his tribute on Feb 11 and keep it moving.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hypothetical question for celtic fans, say they end up getting the number 2 pick from the lakers and marvin bagley goes number 1 and the celtics draft trae young from oklahoma. Where does that leave kyrie? You can't start both of them in the back court it would affect your defense. Would ainge seek to trade kyrie, and if so would he go after anthony davis?

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
hypothetical question for celtic fans, say they end up getting the number 2 pick from the lakers and marvin bagley goes number 1 and the celtics draft trae young from oklahoma. Where does that leave kyrie? You can't start both of them in the back court it would affect your defense. Would ainge seek to trade kyrie, and if so would he go after anthony davis?

I think the Cs would draft Ayton if Bagley was off the board already; but I actually feel like the Cs may still draft Ayton over Bagley assuming we were to have the 2nd pick.

I just don't see Ainge drafting another guard/swingman when we have a huge glaring need for a rebounder/rim protector/inside presence.

But if the Cs do get that Lakers pick and decide to draft a swingman/guard, that must mean a trade is on the horizon for a big (a la Ant Davis).