Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How can you impress when you don't get playing time ?

I'm talking going all the way back to summer league when he was still with the Celtics where he looked awful.

And beyond that, the last thing the Celtics need to add right now is another rookie

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
The same Boston team that ripped off 16 straight wins as part of a 22-4 start has stumbled its way through December, dropping six of its last 12 games. It's not just the results; Boston hasn't looked like the same team in that span.

"I'm just going to make it clear guys: I know [losing is] going to come with a lot of questions about the difference in our team and stuff like that," Irving said. "To clear it all up, we'll be fine."

The hard-to-ruffle Irving then calmly offered a state of the union, acknowledged that Boston hasn't played up to its standards of late, alluded to the injuries and unrelenting schedule the team has endured, and suggested it was on him as one of the team's leaders to help get this team back on track.

"It hasn't been one of the best stretches for us, but we have a resilient group,"
Irving said. "That right there is enough for us to continue to go on and make progress in the right direction of what we want to become."

The once-unstoppable Celtics are falling back to Earth

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
kevgar.gif

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know I've shytted on Nader before, but he actually played good. The young guys off the bench just need to play within themselves, not try to do too much and shoot themselves in the foot. They need to realize that nba players are much more athletic and bigger than college guys. You can't try to dunk everything when you're close to the bucket, or sneak back door passes past guys who have long arms and are quick as fukk. They also need to learn to use their body to create space instead of trying to blow by every defender with their first step every time they face up.