Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Yeah true. From the quotes, I see he's like, "I love it here in NO, but I don't trust the management"

Who can the Celtics trade for him?

Hopefully not Rozier

Everyone is on the table except Irving, Horford, Tatum and Brown. And we do have many future draft picks.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Yeah true, you right

Can you imagine a lineup with Horford and Davis? Horford's rebounding woes would be hidden, and the passing ability between the 2 of them

Horford would be even better for us if he had a legit rebounder/rim protector next to him. Cousins, Davis....he'll even DeAndre Jordan would be a huge difference maker.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Horford would be even better for us if he had a legit rebounder/rim protector next to him. Cousins, Davis....he'll even DeAndre Jordan would be a huge difference maker.

I fear for DeAndre Jordan cause he literally has no offensive sensibilities. Celtics offense works great with a center who is a good passer and good hands. But being with Horford can make it work though

Why does Horford suck so much at rebounding though? :mjcry:

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
I fear for DeAndre Jordan cause he literally has no offensive sensibilities. Celtics offense works great with a center who is a good passer and good hands. But being with Horford can make it work though

Why does Horford suck so much at rebounding though? :mjcry:

He used to be a double-digit rebounder too smh.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Exactly. Is there any reason Coach Stevens started to play Aaron Baines less? Is he injured or something?

Celtics played better defense when he was in the game

Couldn't tell you. Probably because of game-flow, etc. But Baynes doesn't strike me as the type of big who can play extended minutes (20+) without being a liability or non-factor on offense.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Very much real. Ainge is biding his time. The first sign that the Pels are willing to blow it up, look for the Cs to jump on the opportunity. Nobody can offer the Pels a better deal than we can.

And from AD's quotes, it seems like he's unsettled.

I just don’t see how the Celtics make that deal. Horford and Tatum is an overpay at this point.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
I just don’t see how the Celtics make that deal. Horford and Tatum is an overpay at this point.

You think Horford and/or Tatum would have to go for Davis?

If it came down to it...as much as it'd hurt, I’d give up Tatum in a package for Davis (without giving up another core player). How likely would that be? Not so sure.

But then again, we still have a ton of draft picks to work with also.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

If it came down to it...as much as it'd hurt, I’d give up Tatum in a package for Davis (without giving up another core player). How likely would that be? Not so sure.

fukk....THAT

:mjcry:

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin

To make the salaries match up, you have to include one of Horford Kyrie and Hayward in the deal... Horford alone won’t be enough so then who do you include that gets the deal done and makes us better?

They kinda whiffed on not flipping that disabled player exception for a player by December 8th cause then they could have flipped that player and his contract at the deadline as part of the package and that could have been an additional 9 million...

We could easily include 4 first rounders and whatever 2nd rounders in the deal but making the contracts match up will hurt our depth

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
Nothing novel here but here are 5 possible trade targets. I only expect this list to grow larger as the trade deadline approaches.

1. Anthony Davis
2. Marc Gasol
3. Julius Randle
4. DeAndre Jordan
5. Jahlil Okafor

FYI, I don't want Randle anywhere near the Celtics.

If The Celtics Make 1 Of These 5 Trades, They Can Defeat The Cavs In The Playoffs

They really fukked up by not flipping that exception into a contract

Gasol, Davis or Jordan would be very tough to match up contracts without gutting our depth