Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Happy about the win but we deserved to lose. Our team stays with the bonehead plays and not knowing how to slow down opponents runs. Bunch of stupid ticky tack fouls, pacers shoot 31 ft's in the first 3 quarters, dumb turnovers, bad offensive possessions when we're desperate for a bucket. Our defense has looked like shyt the past month after looking so good in the beginning of the year. We are starting to develop some bad habits. I know brad is a calm coach, but sometimes I wish he would call quick timeouts and rip into our guys popavich style to get his point across. I guess he doesn't want to kill the young guys confidence.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terry looking like Ronnie Lott in 86 on that steal. Quinn Buckner with the "oh no" pleas.

Before the inbound I was like:beli:
Terry steals it and goes in for the dunk I'm still :aicmon: cuz of our play the last quarter
two seconds later I'm like :steviej:
I felt like this less than 24 hours ago watching the Pats.

Had no faith on our D after they had breakdown after breakdown. Leading up to that last play even after the drop in the endzone was called off I was watching like :wtb: Let's just get to the end.

Ben gets picked and I'm :jawalrus: Knew we'd win :win::ohlawd:

:lolbron::russell:It's good to be a Boston fan :obama:

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Had no faith on our D after they had breakdown after breakdown. Leading up to that last play even after the drop in the endzone was called off I was watching like :wtb: Let's just get to the end.

I'll dap you up but Im a Niner fan.:pachaha:
I'm a Northern Cali dude.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

My man :myman:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Terry's steal :ohlawd::whew:

But when you get right down to it, the difference between the Celtics winning and losing this game was Kyrie Irving, who has been everything Danny Ainge thought he could be when be brought him over from Cleveland this summer. Irving scored 30 points on Tuesday on 12-of-23 shooting, including 5 of 8 from deep, and none was bigger than the the pair of triples he hit in the closing minute to even give Rozier a chance at that steal.

Rozier's steal was the highlight, but Kyrie Irving was again the Celtics' hero

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Davis-to-the-Celtics rumblings have existed for more than a year now. Before the Pelicans acquired DeMarcus Cousins in a trade with the Kings, Davis asked New Orleans GM Dell Demps whether there was any truth to the Celtics rumors.

"He told me that [Boston] was calling, but nothing was going to happen," Davis said. "At the same time, though, you see how organizations treat players. Isaiah Thomas. DeMarcus [Cousins] told me that the [Kings] told him that he wasn't going to get traded, but they traded him. Isaiah took his team to the Eastern Conference finals, and they traded him.

"It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back? I've been loyal to this organization. I love it here. I love this team. I think we're moving in the right direction. DeMarcus, Rondo, some other players that are helping us, but people get judged on winning. And I want to win.

Davis makes it clear in Wojnarowski's piece that his No. 1 focus is on winning, and winning in a Pelicans uniform. It's not going terribly for him so far this season as New Orleans currently sits just a half game out of fifth place in the Western Conference, but if things go downhill, expect the C's to continue ringing the Pelicans' front office phone off the hook.

Report: Celtics 'remain vigilant' on possibility of acquiring Anthony Davis