Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Yes, Boston surrendered the prized unprotected 2018 Brooklyn Nets’ first-round pick as part of the Irving deal, but Danny Ainge has more gems hidden up his sleeves.

For starters, he has both Jaylen Brown and rookie Jayson Tatum as two pieces to begin a conversation. Boston also owns the rights to the Lakers’ first-round pick in 2018, so long as it lands between picks No. 2 and No. 5. If that pick lands at either No. 1 or below No. 5, Ainge gets his pick of the more favorable of the Kings’ and 76ers’ 2019 first-round picks (unless either of those picks is No. 1 overall).

The Celtics also own the Clippers’ lottery-protected 2019 first-round pick, the Grizzlies’ top-10 protected 2019 first-rounder, and a bevy of second-round picks, as well as Terry Rozier, Marcus Smart, Semi Ojeleye and Aron Baynes. Boston could also throw in either Gordon Hayward or Al Horford to match contracts, though dealing Horford for Davis would make more sense for the Celtics.

Anthony Davis to the Celtics rumors won't go away. Here's why

Daps
Good stuff Trill

I think the Celtics have a legitimate chance to win the east and get to the Finals. It will be interesting to see since it's essentially a completely new team, but they're more talented and Cleveland is going down hill.

I wish IT the best (against 28 teams), but if he misses half the season Cleveland could be a mess especially if LeBron has other motives in the back of his mind as the season winds down.

Everyone is talking about Kyrie and Hayward, rightfully so, but I'm worried about how the loss of Avery Bradley will affect the team. I have a lot of faith in Jaylen Brown, but Bradley makes a unique impact.

I think offensively it is clear Boston is better, especially with Morris as a stretch 4 instead of Amir, but defensively it is clear they are worse.

Danny's next task has to be trying to get a quality big. Baynes could be solid, at least better than Zeller lol, but we need a high impact rebounder and paint protector. Could be tricky to match up salaries but I would love Tyson Chandler on this team.

This is gonna be a fun year, lots of new faces and a whole new era of Celtics basketball. I'm very excited about Tatum, too.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
x0avxsd.gif

tenor.gif