The Swamp

LongWhirlwindAustraliancurlew-small.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
OMFG...:snoop: looks nothing like sully..:mjlol: horrible casting

you do know good casting isn’t just about hitting a look right? By your logic Hugh Jackman is terrible casting as Wolverine. He grew to embody that role.
Not saying marky mark is going to kill it but looks alone don’t make for good casting choices unless you’re doing fan casting

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
you do know good casting isn’t just about hitting a look right? By your logic Hugh Jackman is terrible casting as Wolverine. He grew to embody that role.
Not saying marky mark is going to kill it but looks alone don’t make for good casting choices unless you’re doing fan casting

I know, I know... but it's Mark Wahlberg man...:mjlol: As a young Sully....:deadrose: I just can't

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps

All I see is Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg not Drake and Sully. :francis:

This is why these movies based on video games are shyt because one. The game's story is already good enough and to play through that story while controlling the characters is completely different and sitting through a 1.5-2 hour movie adapting that story.

Sonic was successful because other than the cartoon, there isnt much story so there was room to be creative

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know, I know... but it's Mark Wahlberg man...:mjlol: As a young Sully....:deadrose: I just can't

I hear you. just saying. im not casting aspersions on the flick one way or the other.
All I see is Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg not Drake and Sully. :francis:

This is why these movies based on video games are shyt because one. The game's story is already good enough and to play through that story while controlling the characters is completely different and sitting through a 1.5-2 hour movie adapting that story.

Sonic was successful because other than the cartoon, there isnt much story so there was room to be creative

The one caveat with this though is Naughty Dog has say in what the story is or was going to be. So there's a possibility that no one involved wanted to just recreate what happened in the video game and I actually think that's a good idea. I already played the game. I know how it goes. I know the beats. you have to adapt the game not give me a straight copy. so take the characters and do something new with them.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Maybe they just starting them young with the hope they'll grow into the role. you can't do a 20 year long franchise and cast a 40 year old Nate in the first movie,

taker597

Superstar
Daps
OMFG...:snoop: looks nothing like sully..:mjlol: horrible casting

Damn that's rough. I knew they weren't gonna do a 1:1 transition, but damn... Awful casting on both.

I was hoping they get Ving Rhames as Sully to diversify the film but apparently they don't think Tom has enough star appeal to get butts in seats.

So, they went with this awful combination. I thought Rhames would be a great underrated casting as Sully.

Nathan... Idk... All the dudes are pretty much too old. Drake always gave me a Mummy Brendan Frasier vibe. There ain't no 30 year BF walking around. I ain't got a dude that comes to mind.