UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't know why dudes like to act dumb.

Uncharted is highly scripted it always has been. If that style of gameplay is appealing to you, great, but don't pretend like I'm making stuff up for saying it.
No, you're trying to say the entire demo was scripted. The shootout part clearly was dynamic as was the psx demo.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only the SCRIPTED ones. Random cop encounters do not. And even the scripted ones allow you to turn wherever you want. You just can't get too far away from the target. If someone is chasing you, you have total freedom
Uncharted isn't GTA so why try to critique it for doing what it does best while implementing new dynamics like shown in the Psx demo? You know damn well had this been a Xbox game you wouldn't be saying none of this.

Daps
Reppin
Don't know why dudes like to act dumb.

Uncharted is highly scripted it always has been. If that style of gameplay is appealing to you, great, but don't pretend like I'm making stuff up for saying it.

I have faith in naughty dog to making it feel like less scripted.

I remember the same comments were being posted about the last of us and how scripted it felt. We all know how that turned out.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
these cats leave no stone unturned. the awareness of all the npcs, the informed decisions being made by the AI...
somebody was saying last night its scripted, how could that be when the player has so many more choices than to do exactly what you see in the video?

if you play this same scenario 5 times it will play out 5 different ways. you can test that with any of the uncharteds already out and the last of us
it's hard to say, when all we have is this one playthrough, where the player seems to do everything perfectly inline with what his NPC buddy is saying. I mean what happens if you don't follow your NPC buddy to jump into the jeep? what happens if you get the jeep stuck or destroy it somehow? can you get out of the jeep at any time? what happened at the end there where the NPC took the wheel and Drake grappled the truck. was there another option there or a way to 'fail' that?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's hard to say, when all we have is this one playthrough, where the player seems to do everything perfectly inline with what his NPC buddy is saying. I mean what happens if you don't follow your NPC buddy to jump into the jeep? what happens if you get the jeep stuck or destroy it somehow? can you get out of the jeep at any time? what happened at the end there where the NPC took the wheel and Drake grappled the truck. was there another option there or a way to 'fail' that?
If you played any uncharted game or the last of us you'd kind of have an idea.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
what dialogue isnt scripted?
as far as the fail condition, im pretty sure its strict. after all uncharted was never completely open world...
and the sequence, yes i understand being scripted in that way. you cant trigger anything just standing there... i took it to mean canned AI

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im pretty sure i remember you and @Fatboi1 telling me uncharted was fine as a linear game. i was the only 1 arguing in favor of a sandbox game. :wow:
I did say that and I stand by it. UC1-3 are fine as linear games because of how they are amazingly executed . My argument was that a game shouldn't be penalized for being what it was set out to be. It's like someone saying a circuit simulation racer is not that great because you can't drive out in the open with the car and do whatever you want.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-28644-2995_0006.jpg

18847379702_ac66f1acc7_b.jpg

pTf4HuF.gif

Interview

Yo the game looks so damn good from the off screen footage my god.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Jax

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I did say that and I stand by it. UC1-3 are fine as linear games because of how great they are executed. My argument was that a game shouldn't be penalized for being what it was set out to be. It's like someone saying a circuit simulation racer is not that great because you can't drive out in the open with the car and do whatever you want.
blah blah blah, wrong. linear games are inherently inferior and we should always strive for opened up sandbox games. cant wait for the next uncharted :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@MeachTheMonster
I'm listening to the interview here on this link and the ND devs there are sequences in the game where you can drive the jeep and get out, explore etc. It may not necessarily be during a set piece but it can happen. Looking at the video again, I see so many paths the player can take playing that area. My god.

@5:45 he says that.

Last edited: