UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Don't no about a show floor demo, but that driving section the showed was extremely scripted. You can't turn down any of the streets other than the path they set up and your car always crosses at the right time in relation to the enemy car
that makes it linear, not scripted. in that scenario look at how the npcs respond. every npc is "aware" of whats happening, makes a decision on how to respond, then responds accordingly. they will not do the exact same thing if you play that segment multiple times...or if the player decided to drive directly at them...or swerve left or swerve right...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that makes it linear, not scripted. in that scenario look at how the npcs respond. every npc is "aware" of whats happening, makes a decision on how to respond, then responds accordingly. they will not do the exact same thing if you play that segment multiple times...or if the player decided to drive directly at them...or bend left or bend right...

Obviously its not a movie, in that you have some control over the action and the enemies react accordingly. But it is scripted in the fact that where your car is in relation to the the enemy one is dictated before you even touch the control.

I guess its like a movie where the actors have some leeway for adlibs.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Obviously its not a movie, in that you have some control over the action and the enemies react accordingly. But it is scripted in the fact that where your car is in relation to the the enemy one is dictated before you even touch the control.

I guess its like a movie where the actors have some leeway for adlibs.
maybe im just unclear on what you mean...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
vFgUeOe.png

ujCKdr3.gif

fukking insane. Tomb raider doesn't hold a candle.

:wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
maybe im just unclear on what you mean...
A car chase in gta is totaly unscripted. You can make any turn you want and the A.I. has to act accordingly. Its all dynamic, no script.

In uncharted, you make any turn you want. The A.I. Knows exactly where you will be at all times. Making a wrong turn, or doing anything outside the way its scripted will result in a failed state.

Its a set piece moment . Not truly dynamic gameplay

Daps
Reppin
A car chase in gta is totaly unscripted. You can make any turn you want and the A.I. has to act accordingly. Its all dynamic, no script.

In uncharted, you make any turn you want. The A.I. Knows exactly where you will be at all times. Making a wrong turn, or doing anything outside the way its scripted will result in a failed state.

Don't let the fanboys fool you, I know exactly what you mean. But this isn't gta we are talking about, this is uncharted.. Its supposed to flow like a movie.

Honestly, I was thinking the same as you, I wonder if I can turn left or right instead of going the way the demo was going. But we won't know till the game gets played.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You're wrong. GTA V chase scenes play out the same way when you're chasing someone.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Don't let the fanboys fool you, I know exactly what you mean. But this isn't gta we are talking about, this is uncharted.. Its supposed to flow like a movie.

Honestly, I was thinking the same as you, I wonder if I can turn left or right instead of going the way the demo was going. But we won't know till the game gets played.

Im guessing that basically if you didn't turn, the armored truck would light you up since it occupies the only other available path. So each time you played the game, you'd be forced to take the same route.

Of course this was all because it was a village with only two paths to traverse.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

He meant the routes you can take on gta can be different each time you play that mission.

Don't know why dudes like to act dumb.

Uncharted is highly scripted it always has been. If that style of gameplay is appealing to you, great, but don't pretend like I'm making stuff up for saying it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're wrong. GTA V chase scenes play out the same way when you're chasing someone.
Only the SCRIPTED ones. Random cop encounters do not. And even the scripted ones allow you to turn wherever you want. You just can't get too far away from the target. If someone is chasing you, you have total freedom