UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I got to a puzzle that I just cbf doing and haven't played in about a month...

think I'm pretty deep in but just losing motivation now

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I want to play the game with no HUD but that shyt is dam near impossible to aim the way the camera is and with "auto aim" off. ND should if at least have a reticle only option if you turn off auto aim.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I want to play the game with no HUD but that shyt is dam near impossible to aim the way the camera is and with "auto aim" off. ND should if at least have a reticle only option if you turn off auto aim.
Huh? The reticule is always on screen when aiming. Auto aim just snaps to enemies.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I played all of 5 minutes last night after dinner.:shaq2::to: Was surprisingly tired.

So I only just finally beat this game night before last (yeah, I know, I'm mad late, especially considering that I Day 1 purchased it). For some reason, when it dropped, I just wasn't in the mood for it and stopped playing after chapter 6 or 7 and put it down for years (damn near 4, apparently) until last week when I figured I'd pick it back up to jump start my minor goal of 20 games for 2020 completion (I'm 3 games down now, 17 to go so doing good already). I restarted from the very beginning just so that I could be fully engaged from start to finish since I figured it wouldn't take too long to get back to where I left off (that it didn't, only like a day or two; which is short for me for games like this). Anyways, for my brief "review" of the game, I'll start with getting my slight negatives out they way first.

Main issues that I had with the game was some gripes about the controls throughout the entirety of the game (mainly the cover system and Drake not having a real, dedicated run button nor animation/always sluggishly dragging his feet along, which I figured was due the game having you interact with your brother or other partners for most of the game). And while I don't think the game is necessarily too long, it did kinda go for a long ass time, longer than I expected and I think was like maybe 6-8 hours longer than all the other games in the series, which was every so mildly to my chagrin, cuz near the end I was like, "fukk, will this game just end already!", lol. I also thought the action, while shown beautifully and handled superbly, was downright utterly ridiculous, considering that the series is essentially still set to be "realistic".

Other than those quibbles, I did enjoy the game immensely and feel it was the perfect send off for the series and for Drake & co specifically. Despite me initially thinking that the pace was dragging a bit in the beginning, having finished the whole game now, I can say that the story was executed perfectly and the action to adventure to story bits were extremely well done and balanced accordingly. The action specifically was just insane (completely ludicrous still for sure, but mostly in a good way) and everything looks so damn good. There were definitely quite a few moments in the game where even for a game from 4 years ago, my mind was totally blown away on just how sweet the graphics look and the presentation of the game as a whole. No real running animation aside, all the animations in the game were crazy good and the every new locale and vista was just awe-inspiring to gaze at that I'd often just take in some time to just look around in some areas due to it just looking absolutely beautiful. Lastly, the game was just downright fun for most of the time, barring those few issues that I had above dragging it down a lil bit.

All in all, I'd say it's about a 9/10. Technically, it's the best in the series and I couldn't think of a better way to close it out. I also recently picked up the Chloe/Nadine expansion some months back and am about to start my play-through of that probably tonight or when I'm off later into the week. I read some reviews stating that there were some parts of the game, both graphically and gameplay wise that surpasses this, so I'd like to see how that goes.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Playing through this again, quite underwhelming compared to the others if you ask me.

Last part of the game was kinda boring, just seemed like we was playing through Uncharted 1 again being stuck on that jungle island for such a large part of the game.

I think that was part of the point of it, paying homage to itself for the first game. I enjoyed that part of the FWIW. IMO, it was like playing a suped up version of the part 1.