UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
What's with the uc3 mp slander :what: that shyt was the best of all of em

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's with the uc3 mp slander :what: that shyt was the best of all of em
I disagree. I played it a lot because I had a party that played all the time and the updates the game had was extensive(New maps, patches and balance fixes, new playlists) but the overall quality of the MP was just a mess.

The shyt was just a joke balance wise. They got to a spot where it wasn't as unbalanced at launch but it took too long. To name off the top:
Starting weapons were unbalanced, upgradeable boosters and kickbacks were unbalanced, some maps were terrible(the ones with set pieces like the airstrip, the train station etc.) sprint was too exploitable(very easy to run away from enemies because of how free it was movement wise), rehashed maps, split player pool because of said DLCs, co-op arena was changed to random waves of different objectives(Siege, survival and gold rush) instead of being separate, shooting mechanics changed from bullet spread to recoil based shooting etc.

Sprint was another game breaker imo. That shyt was not needed since they made the maps around that design and it basically turned MP into a cat and mouse game where you could easily run off and escape a gun fight most of the time or just run up to someone while hip firing and melee to win. They eventually nerfed and balanced most of that but it still was there in some form that just wasn't needed at all.

The base game launched with 7 maps, and then 4 more being rehashes from UC2.
The only great thing in UC3 that was better than UC2 was the customization of characters, weapons, playlists(there was more variety), CO-OP adventure, character variety, map count and shyt.

The game ended up with after all being said and done, 24 maps in competitive multiplayer which was REAL nice but then again that was just all the maps from UC2 remade for UC3 with 5 actual new maps. The changes in UC2 maps though were enough to make them feel different though.

So far from seeing UC4, there's no sprint(:blessed:) so characters move with one base speed thus encouraging less spammy gameplay(Run, shoot, melee).
There seems to be no boosters and grenades/health packs/mines or w/e seem to be on a timer to avoid spamming them.
The kickbacks look to be replacements for kickbacks so hopefully they aren't too OP and can be reasonably balanced(I'm looking at you DESTINY).
Sidekicks I'm not sure of how that works yet. I guess I'll have to wait and play.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
I disagree. I played it a lot because I had a party that played all the time and the updates the game had was extensive(New maps, patches and balance fixes, new playlists) but the overall quality of the MP was just a mess.

The shyt was just a joke balance wise. They got to a spot where it wasn't as unbalanced at launch but it took too long. To name off the top:
Starting weapons were unbalanced, upgradeable boosters and kickbacks were unbalanced, some maps were terrible(the ones with set pieces like the airstrip, the train station etc.) sprint was too exploitable(very easy to run away from enemies because of how free it was movement wise), rehashed maps, split player pool because of said DLCs, co-op arena was changed to random waves of different objectives(Siege, survival and gold rush) instead of being separate, shooting mechanics changed from bullet spread to recoil based shooting etc.

Sprint was another game breaker imo. That shyt was not needed since they made the maps around that design and it basically turned MP into a cat and mouse game where you could easily run off and escape a gun fight most of the time or just run up to someone while hip firing and melee to win. They eventually nerfed and balanced most of that but it still was there in some form that just wasn't needed at all.

The base game launched with 7 maps, and then 4 more being rehashes from UC2.
The only great thing in UC3 that was better than UC2 was the customization of characters, weapons, playlists(there was more variety), CO-OP adventure, character variety, map count and shyt.

The game ended up with after all being said and done, 24 maps in competitive multiplayer which was REAL nice but then again that was just all the maps from UC2 remade for UC3 with 5 actual new maps. The changes in UC2 maps though were enough to make them feel different though.

So far from seeing UC4, there's no sprint(:blessed:) so characters move with one base speed thus encouraging less spammy gameplay(Run, shoot, melee).
There seems to be no boosters and grenades/health packs/mines or w/e seem to be on a timer to avoid spamming them.
The kickbacks look to be replacements for kickbacks so hopefully they aren't too OP and can be reasonably balanced(I'm looking at you DESTINY).
Sidekicks I'm not sure of how that works yet. I guess I'll have to wait and play.

Honestly I liked all that stuff. Gave you more options to kill. Uc2 boiled down to hopping around. Once you got good at hopping around the game got too easy. Run to the shotty,grenade launcher and hop. Uc3 you actually had to learn a bunch of shyt to be a beast. Uc2 you just had to learn to hop left to right.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I liked all that stuff. Gave you more options to kill. Uc2 boiled down to hopping around. Once you got good at hopping around the game got too easy. Run to the shotty,grenade launcher and hop. Uc3 you actually had to learn a bunch of shyt to be a beast. Uc2 you just had to learn to hop left to right.
They still had bunny hoppers on UC3 but that doesn't mean all the other stuff I mentioned wasn't unbalanced. They were largely unbalanced hence why the game got numerous patches over the years addressing them. UC3 still had some sort of map control but the meta game around it was kind of broken at times. They kind of got it to work but by then it was already boring(200 hours later). I liked it since it got better and it was admittedly fun but I just thought that UC2 was much better in certain aspects.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
They still had bunny hoppers on UC3 but that doesn't mean all the other stuff I mentioned wasn't unbalanced. They were largely unbalanced hence why the game got numerous patches over the years addressing them. UC3 still had some sort of map control but the meta game around it was kind of broken at times. They kind of got it to work but by then it was already boring(200 hours later). I liked it since it got better and it was admittedly fun but I just thought that UC2 was much better in certain aspects.
I just preferred the pacing of uc3. You would get owned trying that bunny hopping shyt. I'm watching my son play this unc remaster they compare your headshots count real time :ohhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
New MP footage

:banderas:
That AK reload animation is just godly. :wow:
Looks fun as shyt. Can't wait to get my hands on the beta so I can leave essays on the forums about whatever is undoubtedly going to be broken or unbalanced.

So far it looks more team oriented. Like you could say The Last of Uncharted. I see that those mystics and sidekicks work on a buy system like TLOU with purchaseable in game money. I think they increase in price so you're not going to be able to spam them back to back.

I also noticed it takes three melees to down someone. In UC3, it was always two hits and the melee didn't look "magnetic" here. :lupe:

Man why didn't the damn beta start this month? :stopitslime:

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i'll reserve my judgment til at least the beta but so far im not liking how the mp looks :patrice:.....just too much shyt going on and now a downing system :what: like that was not needed AT ALL and this is coming from someone who's a BEAST at the last of us (just ask @TheStoicGhost :youngsabo:)....i've already had ppl i met on the other uncharted's to tell me they not playing the mp for this one because of the drastic differences (even tho they most likely lying cuz they dont know how the final product will be)....the mystics shyt, the downing system, the "friendly helpers" or whatever u call them, and the one hitter quitter grappling hook melee might just be too much for me to get jiggy with.....will the beta be open at any point to the public this december? cuz im not buying the collection any time soon. If there's a code maybe one of the coli brehs that dont care for MPs can hook me up with it so i can test out this beta :lupe:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'll reserve my judgment til at least the beta but so far im not liking how the mp looks :patrice:.....just too much shyt going on and now a downing system :what: like that was not needed AT ALL and this is coming from someone who's a BEAST at the last of us (just ask @TheStoicGhost :youngsabo:)....i've already had ppl i met on the other uncharted's to tell me they not playing the mp for this one because of the drastic differences (even tho they most likely lying cuz they dont know how the final product will be)....the mystics shyt, the downing system, the "friendly helpers" or whatever u call them, and the one hitter quitter grappling hook melee might just be too much for me to get jiggy with.....will the beta be open at any point to the public this december? cuz im not buying the collection any time soon. If there's a code maybe one of the coli brehs that dont care for MPs can hook me up with it so i can test out this beta :lupe:
Yeah they lying. Makes no sense to just quickly say something not gonna work.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:mjcry:

I have a good feeling the UC4 MP will start out great until the MP team comes through and buttfukks the multiplayer. :martin:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry:

I have a good feeling the UC4 MP will start out great until the MP team comes through and buttfukks the multiplayer. :martin:
Hopefully they take heed to whatever the feedback they get from the beta into consideration. I'd hate for them to do a 180 with how they did the UC3 beta. Summer Beta was great despite having all the extra shyt and then the subway beta comes out and these dudes completely changed the feel of the game around. I already accepted that UC2 or simple MP will not come back.
As for this MP, shyt looks like hot fire. The gunplay and sound and movement looks beautiful. At best they'll have a classic playlist that rotates DM and OBJ type playlists for those UC2 purists because regardless of how balance or great the additions may be, some just won't be pleased at all. It's like some people just want UC2.5 over. Had they simply made a basic MP like UC2 folks would say it's the same all shyt with "better grafix". Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some new info:
  • There are other mystical abilities (on top of the three that we saw today) that aren’t part of the existing Uncharted games, and that’s why they haven’t been revealed yet.
  • Loadouts and mystical abilities were implemented in order to let players match their character to their play style and choose a role.
  • Sidekicks take a little bit more punishment to kill than regular players, but they all have health, so they can be killed.
  • Different sidekicks have different amounts of health and armor.
  • Naughty Dog still did not decide whether there will be custom games in the future, even if they’re aware that parts of the community like them, so they’re discussing about it.
  • Besides hats, clothing and other custimization items, you can select taunts.
  • Mystical abilities are on the some button as grenades, so you can switch between them.
  • Mystical abilities last just a few seconds, and each has a different duration.
  • There will be different types of grenades, for instance smoke grenades.
  • Some heavy weapons can be bought in the store (with in-game cash that can be earned by playing), and one is the grenade launcher.
  • The decision to have the mutiplayer run at 900p was made to make sure that it also runs as close to constant 60 fps as possible, to provide a better multiplayer experience. By running at 900p, you get a 20% increase in performance, allowing developers to do other things on top of having the game running smoother.
Sounds like they found a sweet spot to allow some extra shyt from SP to come into MP(Animations, physics, etc.) while still running at 60fps.
  • Naughty Dog is working very hard to make sure that the peer to peer connection forUncharted 4 is a really “satisfying” one. The game runs true peer to peer, so there’s no host advantage.
  • The matchmaking system is being rewritten to reduce latency for all players.
  • Naughty Dog is definitely willing to scrap things that don’t work in their games.
  • It’s not out of the question to have levels in the future based on some of the big set pieces from the past games. The team is definitely looking into the possibility. For now the game will launch with eight new maps without revisiting old locations.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  1. Arne mentioned the game is totally peer-to-peer like previous multiplayers
  2. The playtest didn't have any boosters, but I'm pretty sure I saw them in the multiplayer trailer. Arne wouldn't make an official comment though.
  3. No buddy system at the moment.
  4. Can't drop a grenade while rolling.
  5. Can't aim and throw a grenade anymore. You can only arc-throw.
  6. No grenade throwbacks at the moment.
  7. Loadouts are quite detailed now in terms of what you can customize now. The playtest had four fixed loadouts, each one had a different grenade, power weapon purchase etc. The playtest didn't have weapon mods though.
  8. There's the usual frag grenade, a medkit which AOE heals, and a landmine(!). It was really strange playing with the medkit equipped because out of habit you'd expect it to blow up and kill your enemy when thrown
    16x16_smiley-frustrated.gif
  9. The current grenade system seems to work on a cooldown system. It seems you get unlimited grenades, but they are on a long cooldown. After I threw a nade, there was a 60 second timer before I could throw another one.
  10. There was no sprinting! The game movement speed feels very much like Uncharted 2. :blessed:
  11. You can still reload while jumping, rolling etc (same as UC2/3)
  12. You can still roll to evade melee.
  13. There isn't that horrific slowing down when you're being shot at (like in Uncharted 3)
  14. Can't press Triangle to switch between weapons while aiming
  15. It takes 3 melee hits to kill now, and there a flowing combo animation now. You can hold melee to charge up your attack which then makes it one hit kill, but I couldn't get it to work.:lupe:
  16. There's a very short cooldown to jumping which is just enough to stop bunny hopping from UC2 but not enough to feel like it's slowing you down :jbhmm:
  17. There's a "radar" now in the top left corner. You can see enemies when they start shooting. Also when you die and respawn you can see the enemy silhouettes through walls briefly.:francis:
  18. There were no additional power weapons on the maps during this playtest.
  19. Also I wasn't able to pick up any other player's weapons.
  20. Killing players gives you money. I think it was $100 for a down and $50 for a KO. You can then press the touchpad to open the buy menu and buy the various 'kickbacks', which are the El Dorado Idol, Cintamani Stone, Djinn Curse, summon your buddy, or power weapon. I only really used my power weapon, which was the grenade launcher.
  21. While there weren't any weapons on the map, there were treasures scattered around which gave you money (about 2 kills worth).
  22. The loadout sniper rifle is a bolt action which doesn't fire as fast as the Dragon Sniper. 2 hits to kill, or 1 headshot.
  23. The revive mechanic works exactly like the co-op arena version.
  24. Player executions are really quick. It's just like a punt
    16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
  25. The pistole is a loadout weapon!
    16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
  26. AK-47 feels like the Uncharted 3 version.
  27. The FAL is the old 3-shot version from Uncharted 2, but recoils like the G-MAL.
  28. I couldn't get a chance to test the Fleet Foot shuffle as I rarely ran into anyone 1v1. It was always a 3v3+ firefight.
  29. Flynn doesn't sound like Flynn
    16x16_smiley-sad.gif
    I think they got a different voice actor. He still says some pretty funny lines though.
Here's the link to the Original Post