UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I'm up to chapt 17. Gonna stop for the night. Do y'all really think this is better than uc2? I played that game, for the first time, about 3 years after it dropped and I still knew that game was something special. Like genre defining special.

I think this game is great so far but better than uc2 :jbhmm:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm up to chapt 17. Gonna stop for the night. Do y'all really think this is better than uc2? I played that game, for the first time, about 3 years after it dropped and I still knew that game was something special. Like genre defining special.

I think this game is great so far but better than uc2 :jbhmm:
It's better imo but for different reasons. I felt like the gameplay, the environments and the more grounded story made the game much better. Plus, chapter 17 is arguably the best Drake + that person throughout the series PERIOD. UC2 gameplay, story and presentation is not seeing this game at all.

Only thing UC2 has that can be debatable is characters and theme.
Hell, the pacing that I see people throw around as a critique of UC4 pays off whereas it didn't in UC3. You saw it, chapter 15 or 16?? There was never anything of that sort in the old Uncharted games.

The story pay off imo was worth it. At first I was wondering what was the point but as you get further, you saw why. UC4 was the only Uncharted game where I was invested much more into Drake apart from him being funny and witty.
Plus Rafe/Nadine>>>>>>>>>>>Marlowe/Talbot and Lazerivich/Harry Flynn.

UC4>UC2>UC3>UC1

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Cotdamn this scene with Drake & Elena in the hotel. NaughtyDog is in a league of their own with this animation shyt. I literally said "wow".

This nikka Drake lying is pissing me off though :beli:

Yea the animation and mo cap are in another league. Sometimes the shyt looks like real actors. THey don't have that lifeless look in their eyes like some cutscenes, in other games, do.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea the animation and mo cap are in another league. Sometimes the shyt looks like real actors. THey don't have that lifeless look in their eyes like some cutscenes, in other games, do.
:sas2:

Yeah games where two people stare at each other in the face while riding alongside each other is laughable. :troll:

I'm gonna say it, EA needs to give Naughty Dog a phone call for Mass Effect. That game would be 100x better with these production values.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The attention to detail is insane in this game when you think about it. Chapter 4's detail was brimming with attention compared to the entirety of other games.

it got worse and worse (better) by the end of the game. :mindblown: