UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They can look strange because sometimes they look photo realistic, especially the character models/faces. Throws you off a bit, but all in all the graphics are glorious.

/

Some thoughts

I thought the pacing was strange, a lot of the game just seems to be running around, climbing, swinging etc. The action wasn't as regular as previous games IMO

Also there was only really one big set piece (the jeep/bike chase) which I thought was quite disappointing, thought there would be more.

Lastly, in every UC game at some point in the story it changes up and you start fighting monsters/supernatural enemies (UC1 - German soldier zombies, UC2 - Those purple nikkas that also disguised themselves as demon snow creatures and UC3 - those Djinn/demon things that could teleport) but this time around you only fight mercenaries throughout the entire game, which I found disappointing.

The ending was a nice send off though, really liked it.
Sorry if this next post is supposed to be in spoilers I'm not sure how to do it

Iv never played the first 3 games so had no idea the games had any supernatural enemies, I'm actually relieved this one doesn't have any, I think it ruins the overall feel of the story slightly when makers do that I.e. The new Tomb raiders.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do so many people in here hate on UC3?? :patrice:
It was a rushed game. It felt rushed, it lacked polish in areas that UC2 had already excelled in(Combat was worse with aiming issues and enemies barely reacted to getting shot.) The story was written around set pieces. The ending was like an exact copy of UC2 and it didn't do much to push the franchise forward.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Starts off slow for me in terms of elite gaming. Picks up and gives a proper challenging experience, but only on Crushing
I watched your stream for a bit last night.
I didnt know "crushing difficulty" affected your ability to jump from one ledge to the next without plunging to your death multiple times :sas2:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BTW am I the only one that prefers the platforming stuff to the shooting?
then you'll love some of the latter parts. there's lots of platforming/exploration/exposition in between shooting and combat.

This game is way more adventure then it is strictly third person shooter. Some will love that, some won't. This isn't 12-15 hours of balls to the wall action go go go.

I didn't like it in UC3 but so far in here I'm loving it because the climbing and platforming feels/looks smooth and the world is so graphically amazing that it feels like an experience going through these locations. Not to mention the writing is so well done that it's actually interesting visiting these locations.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didnt know "crushing difficulty" affected your ability to jump from one ledge to the next without plunging to your death multiple times :sas2:
ygZSd.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
then you'll love some of the latter parts. there's lots of platforming/exploration/exposition in between shooting and combat. This game is way more adventure then it is strictly third person shooter.
So its a climbing simulator with gun play sprinkled in here and there. Got you:sas1:
Quantum Break made it a hot line. :sas2:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You gotta fall in persuit of trasure hunting.