UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here is something I posted over on reddit since I have access there from work. Not really gameplay spoilers or anything but how this game is really resonating with me on a personal level.

Please note: There is no spoilers in this post for the game aside from the general theme that is already known from trailers (Nate going back to adventure). Just discussion on how the game has made me feel playing it so far in a more personal light.

So I was able to get my copy of Uncharted 4 yesterday and began my adventure with my wife in what is possible the last Uncharted game. I will say, it's a tad sad just even thinking about that as I've grown to love these characters as I have grown up in life.

Let me say, so far this Uncharted is hitting me in all the right ways, but not just from a gameplay perspective, but from a story and theme. We all know that Nate is living a normal life now after his years of adventure and he gets dragged back into the adventure life. I lived my 20's playing Uncharted games, growing with Nate along the way. It's been about 4 years since I played Uncharted 3, back when I was contracting and overseas. I was traveling, single, seeing the world. Dubai, Thailand, Kuwait, Afghanistan. During that time, I completed Uncharted 3 and it felt like the end to a great saga... but little did we know at the time that Uncharted would eventually come back. As it does, I'm now in my 30's, married, and with a beautiful 2 year old girl. Life has taken a different style and approach and I love it (it's an amazing journey all on it's own). What does this have to do with Uncharted 4? Well... because I can relate to Nathan in a way. Sure I'm not some adventurer, but my days of being more adventurous and daring is a bit more subdued since I have to worry about my family and life is not just about myself anymore. So not only am I returning to the world of Uncharted in video game format but so is Nate in a way. They showcase how Nates daily life is typical, while even throwing in nostalgia for those old adventure days (you will understand when you play)... which in turn had me reminiscence about the previous games and my life experiences also. So when Nate gets thrown into this new adventure, back to this crazy life style, and here as the player I do too... I'm totally relating to it in a way I never expected. It's not to say my life is boring or dull now that I'm married and have a kid, not at all, it's fantastic. Yet via the PS4 and Uncharted 4, I'm taken back to those moments when I was younger, braver, bolder, and revisiting those same feelings just as Nathan is in this game and older, different then before. He has changed, has different priorities, but he craves and wants to return and in playing this game, in a way, I've returned to the lifestyle as well. It's hard to explain but I hope I ended up giving you a glimpse into the thought process I have for this.

I could go on and on about how much I love this game, how much they have improved, the excitement, the adrenaline, and more... but I had to bring this up since It just resonates with me so much on a personal level and my life, that's something I never expected from Uncharted 4. Just another reason I love video games and how they an sometimes strike a cord with players and their life experiences in just the right way.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Foxes on reddit (spoiler free impressions dude)

"I've finished the game at 18 hours. Took my time and enjoyed the experience!"

"It gets a 10/10 from me. Other opinions may vary?"

"On par with tlou. Perhaps a little better."

:wow:

Responding to

"No worries! Did the story and gameplay through stay engaging? I've noticed that a lot of the uncharteds go downhill near the end of the game"

Foxes said

"The story stayed consistent, and the gameplay the same. The end was great!"

Took him 18 hours in game to finish(This isn't even counting cutscenes, just purely when you're actually in control)

"Took me 18 hours. Collected 60/109 treasure"
This is someone that said he took his time looking for shyt.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Foxes on reddit (spoiler free impressions dude)

"I've finished the game at 18 hours. Took my time and enjoyed the experience!"

"It gets a 10/10 from me. Other opinions may vary?"

"On par with tlou. Perhaps a little better."

Responding to

"No worries! Did the story and gameplay through stay engaging? I've noticed that a lot of the uncharteds go downhill near the end of the game"

Foxes said

"The story stayed consistent, and the gameplay the same. The end was great!"

Took him 18 hours in game to finish(This isn't even counting cutscenes, just purely when you're actually in control)

"Took me 18 hours. Collected 60/109 treasure"
This is someone that said he took his time looking for shyt.

Im only reading good things. Post some bad things people are saying about the game too........Stan

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im only reading good things. Post some bad things people are saying about the game too........Stan
This is from someone else from Konami Forums

Venom Snake said:
I'm approaching 7 hours and I'm near the end. Game is alright but it's just the same ole same ole. Climb stuff, hang from breaking buildings and lots of jokes while you murder people over and over. Story is the same, Sam isn't fun. Gameplay hasn't evolved yet(You can't even fulton people yet you sneak around so much) Graphics aren't better than Tomb Raider and it only runs at 30fps(It's literally a fukking slideshow.)

So far I'd give it a 7.8/10. On par with UC3. Enemies still can't see Sam and Sully even though they're better at hiding than Ellie. :yawn: ND has lost their touch.

Said No One :Mjlol:

Another guy who beat it on Gaf:
Approaching the ending now, what a ride it has been. Definitely longer then the last 3 games

Favourite of the series

Another Person
Just talked to someone who beat it :smile:!! Same sentiments - best Uncharted, best graphics, best ND game.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On par with UC3? :scust: I can't believe that.
Thank these bumbling idiots.
Druckley.gif

I made that up :mjlol:

Just from reading these impressions and thinking over it, I think it'll be like this:

UC4>>>>><<<<<TLOU(Some will be split), UC2, UC3, UC1. Either way comparing UC and TLOU is like comparing Jay z and Nas. Both from NY but... it's just a different flavor.

May 5th is when the reviews drop
Your Source for the Critical Reception of Video Games.
:banderas:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I sent some invites to an MP event I made for the game. The date isn't final, I'll edit it to when most of us can play. I can't wait, brehs. :wow: