UFC 306 On ESPN+ PPV [9/14 at 10 pm ET] “Riyadh Season Presents UFC Noche” (O’Malley/Dvalishvili, Shevchenko/Grasso)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I suppose if they really want to curtail the wrestlers dominating exciting strikers you could start giving folks points for defending takedowns so they can't be spam all fight.

though that opens up a can of worms, it would resolve that "issue" lol
Pride had yellow cards for "stalling" and it cost you a percentage of your purse. But that could get really flukey with UFC.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps

lol2.gif

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how marketable Merab can be as champion. Dude isnt the most exciting fighter in the bantamweight division.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
:dead: This hoe still whining since that first L. Can’t wait til this ogress(?) retire
Had to edit to make your post more inflammatory?

Anyway. Listen to what she's saying and you'll understand that she's pointing out things that UFC does that we complain about or point out ourselves. These slanted hype packages designed to sell a fighter all based on one strike or moment. They have their favorite and only showed her highlights.

YoNoSe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrestlers have found the cheat code to Ws. or at least they are better at it now.

Merab wasn't causing toooooo much damage with his TD but the fact that just having control time will win you rounds really puts the pressure on strikers to dominate on feet. Like IDK if merab even is looking for subs or anything. but if you can get 2 minutes of ground time and not get completely blitzed on feet you win that round usually per the ufcs scoring :manny:

It was nasty work Herb Dean telling them to work when merab was up as fukk. very weird.

The UFC tried so hard to make Sean the new Connor, so Herbs actions wasn’t surprising to me.

I’m glad this Suga Sean Era was over. Let’s look at the facts:

- Peter Yan was robbed and beat Sean
- the UFC pressured Sterling into fighting Sean 3 months after he beat Henry Cejudo. Meanwhile Sean had almost 10 months between his Sterling fight and Yan fight.
- He fought Chito Vera who wasn’t even top 5 in the division

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The UFC tried so hard to make Sean the new Connor, so Herbs actions wasn’t surprising to me.

I’m glad this Suga Sean Era was over. Let’s look at the facts:

- Peter Yan was robbed and beat Sean
- the UFC pressured Sterling into fighting Sean 3 months after he beat Henry Cejudo. Meanwhile Sean had almost 10 months between his Sterling fight and Yan fight.
- He fought Chito Vera who wasn’t even top 5 in the division

They tried to hide him as long as possible but unfort the gremlin Merab kept winning

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
From the sounds of it, I'm happy I dozed off and feel asleep during the prelims :dead:

UFC got a problem atm, not many stars

Dana's weird personal relationships with fighters is causing this.

His weird love for Jones causing Aspinall/Jones not to happen

The whole Ngannou shyt

Hating the lower weight classes

Dude has been torpedoing his own fighters hype/popularity for no reason :dead:

UFC will thrive again when he isn't at the helm

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I’m glad to hear this. I really, really hope they go back to Sphere once a year.

They can scale back at the CGI a bit, and do less animation to keep the costs down etc. but still have the cool backgrounds & all that

The venue being in Vegas, the UFC’s backyard so to speak, it would be a shame not to run more shows there