UFC 278 On ESPN+ PPV [8/20] “Summer Of Sequels” (Kamaru Usman/Leon Edwards II)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Usman could've taken the round off but chose to pressure, hats off to the champ he best get that instant rematch. He went out like a G, no p*ssy shyt. To be the champ you have to beat the champ, by any means. Edwards did that. :salute:
Yeah definitely. Usman still considered a dangerous individual in that octagon. Anyone can get touched at any moment and it be the wrong one. Look forward to the rematch.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I wonder with the knowledge he can KO Usman mean he lets his hands go earlier in the third match.

I'm still in awe at that KO, you may only see something that perfect a few times a year :wow:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I see it TWO WAYS:

1. A reason Usman was loss was his aggression and letting the fans dictate that fight. Not taking anything from edwards. Perfect set up but the ignorance of fans booing everytime fighters lock up urged Usman to be more aggressive when he probably should've coasted. It happens a lot in the UFC

2. A huge problem for Usman is that he doesn't have great head movement. Covington had moments against Usman but he lacked the KO power.

Again Edwards has an amazing story. But that was a shot in the dark that he landed. Usman broke his will and just got caught.