UFC 189: Mendes Vs Mcgregor [July 11]

Who wins the title fights?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
@The Infamous @TheDarceKnight

You are missing the big picture my friends. This fight will not put over MMA into the mainstream media. I'm saying if anything the "fix" narritive is what people will run with.

No doubt the Aldo Mcgregor fight is even bigger now that it is a "champion vs champion" fight and they have plenty of storyline a to work with. But it is the only fight that they can make for either guy.

What I brought up as a concern is their persistent weight issues and what will become of them once the IV ban is in place. If you think that those factors won't have any effect on the quality of the fight or the fight happening itself I must ask you how closely have you been following MMA.
Your points kind of contradict themselves. If this fight won't push it mainstream (I don't disagree), then the casual fan likely doesn't care about weight cuts and IV issues. That's all primary fan fodder so for right or wrong nothing changes.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
B038B7E8-AC4C-49CD-8350-F6C7C7D69543_zpscbbttzy4.png

:damn:

That was the best fukking fight I've ever seen :wow:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What was so good about ufc 100 again? Did we really get high level mma or do ppl just romanticize over seeing all those marquee names on the company's centennial event :beli:

100 wasn't their best event, but...

The hype and atmosphere for Brock vs Mir:wow:

GOAT MMA promo :wow:

Henderson's KO:wow:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
the Rory fight was frustrating to watch from a technical stand point. Rory gave Lawler that win just off of his stance alone. He fought hunched over and chin sticking way out :dahell: and then he circles to Robbie's left (power hand) the whole night and didn't throw the jab :mindblown: as soon as I seen his stance I knew he should start throwing head kicks but he didn't really start doing it till the 3rd and he was pretty tired. Robbie looked way too loose and calm but it worked for him :manny: Rory was way too hesitant looked like his personality finally caught up with him in the ring :manny: Hendricks should body Lawler in the 3rd fight tho.

I also believe Mendes broke down mentally. He wasn't prepared for that trash talk from Conor.

The Jonathan Stephens fight was good because of that flash high knee.

Gunner gave that boy thatch that two piece combo from Popeyes :wow:

The reebok uniform was weak and the blood doesn't go with white lol. The new design for the UFC makes it look like I'm playing ea UFC I don't care for it much. The octagon graphics were really cool. But they couldn't translate it well on the tv seemed like you needed to be there in person to get the full effect imo.

This national pride stuff is all cool but they be mishandling the flags :ufdup: I also didn't like how right before Conor came out the Irish flag was in the middle of the octagon in Vegas :why:

That's the first ever live entrances UFC ever had. I think this card did about 800k buys. Aldo is literally licking his chops. He didn't miss out on his pay day :birdman: now Conor gonna be on his Hollywood steez talking about he's the one and only champ and Aldo is an imposter :snoop: Aldo will be ready and if any of yall check the episode where we talked to Aldo's sparring partner. Aldo will be ready for Conor's mouth. Plus the reach will be similar. I don't see Conor being able to check the leg kicks or being able to stuff the take downs consistently from Aldo. I am so relieved I didn't go to Vegas :russ: it was a good fight card. I seen Lorenzo fertitta the first one in the ring with Dana congratulating Conor. The Mendes congratulating him was :camby: the whole giving him the black shirt thing was :camby:

I do wonder what Dana said to Rory :ohhh: at the end of the fight.

Conor woulda targeted Aldo's ribs Conor's spinning back kick is made for that.

Last edited:

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
not everyones gonna come out to gangsta rap. Conor came out to an irish folklore hymn, what else is he supposed to come out too? some african tribal drums? dubstep?

both came out with exactly what Id expect them to come out with.
He usually comes out to biggy :aicmon:
Hmmm...

Well one thing that Chad admitted after was that he made a mistake in going for the guillotine in the second round...

He said that in hindsight he should've just kept top position and finished the round
He should have!
Tbh, i believe we've seen a similar performance from Chad once before when he had short/interrupted camp. The fight against Nik Lentz, he didnt look anything like himself, was gassed halfway through round 1, and was content to just stay in Guard and do minimal work. Obviously Lentz is nowhere near the fighter Conor is, so couldnt take advantage of it on the feet.

It seemed that Mendes kinda went into desperation mode when he went for that choke. He didnt set it up, he didnt work for it, he pretty much dove for it from all the way at full guard, which was never gonna work. Would things be different if Mendes had a full camp? Probably, but for now, we move onto the Aldo fight.

Now, Aldo is a much MUCH better fighter when being forced to fight on the backfoot than Mendes is, and if Mendes could get in punches by basically swinging for the fences, Aldo should have a field day when he's countering.

Also if it goes to the ground at any point, i think we all know Aldo will have the advantage there.

:ohhh: didn't know about the lentz fight good knowledge.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
He usually comes out to biggy :aicmon:

He should have!

:ohhh: didn't know about the lentz fight good knowledge.
no shyt he comes out to biggie, but why the fukk are nikkas suprised hes coming out to an irish singer and irish song when hes irish? thats like being white and being confused mayweather decided to come out to erika badu. :wtf:

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
no shyt he comes out to biggie, but why the fukk are nikkas suprised hes coming out to an irish singer and irish song when hes irish? thats like being white and being confused mayweather decided to come out to erika badu. :wtf:

Maybe because he usually comes out to biggie and even said he would come out to biggie before he switched it up last second? Also this is the first time ever in UFC history they had a live performance.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Maybe because he usually comes out to biggie and even said he would come out to biggie before he switched it up last second? Also this is the first time ever in UFC history they had a live performance.
show me where he said he was coming out to biggie.

they knew they were having live performances weeks before the show. this was said in the post conf......:childplease: