Daps
l41lHtOfrfjXQDcoo.gif

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ok look I get it.

Mendes didn't train for mcgregor's style. But to not move at all and just stand there and get hit? Cmon man! I figured Mendes would literally grind him out and control him on the ground. But he didn't do that. He gambled lost and got walk down to the cage and just went into the fetal position. Was thoroughly disappointed on the way he went out. I think if I was in Vegas I woulda lost a lot of money and got into a couple of fights. Mendes wasn't trying to get outta Conor's guard. And Conor didn't try to get up. :patrice: I think that's interesting. I think Aldo is secretly happy Mendes lost too. He wants to be the one to take Conor's soul.

Last edited:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Ok look I get it.

Mendes didn't train for mcgregor's style. But to not move at all and just stand there and get hit? Cmon man! I figured Mendes would literally grind him out and control him on the ground. But he didn't do that. He gambled lost and got walk down to the cage and just went into the fetal position. Was thoroughly disappointed on the way he went out. I think if I was in Vegas I woulda lost a lot of money and got into a couple of fights. Mendes wasn't trying to get outta Conor's guard. And Conor didn't try to get up. :patrice: I think that's interesting. I think Aldo is secretly happy Mendes lost too. He wants to be the one to take Conor's soul.
i think those body shots really did a number on him

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Ok look I get it.

Hmmm...

Well one thing that Chad admitted after was that he made a mistake in going for the guillotine in the second round...

He said that in hindsight he should've just kept top position and finished the round

BeefWellingtonThe2nd

[Generic Custom Title]
Daps
Reppin
Notts, UK
Tbh, i believe we've seen a similar performance from Chad once before when he had short/interrupted camp. The fight against Nik Lentz, he didnt look anything like himself, was gassed halfway through round 1, and was content to just stay in Guard and do minimal work. Obviously Lentz is nowhere near the fighter Conor is, so couldnt take advantage of it on the feet.

It seemed that Mendes kinda went into desperation mode when he went for that choke. He didnt set it up, he didnt work for it, he pretty much dove for it from all the way at full guard, which was never gonna work. Would things be different if Mendes had a full camp? Probably, but for now, we move onto the Aldo fight.

Now, Aldo is a much MUCH better fighter when being forced to fight on the backfoot than Mendes is, and if Mendes could get in punches by basically swinging for the fences, Aldo should have a field day when he's countering.

Also if it goes to the ground at any point, i think we all know Aldo will have the advantage there.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Tbh, i believe we've seen a similar performance from Chad once before when he had short/interrupted camp. The fight against Nik Lentz, he didnt look anything like himself, was gassed halfway through round 1, and was content to just stay in Guard and do minimal work. Obviously Lentz is nowhere near the fighter Conor is, so couldnt take advantage of it on the feet.

It seemed that Mendes kinda went into desperation mode when he went for that choke. He didnt set it up, he didnt work for it, he pretty much dove for it from all the way at full guard, which was never gonna work. Would things be different if Mendes had a full camp? Probably, but for now, we move onto the Aldo fight.

Now, Aldo is a much MUCH better fighter when being forced to fight on the backfoot than Mendes is, and if Mendes could get in punches by basically swinging for the fences, Aldo should have a field day when he's countering.

Also if it goes to the ground at any point, i think we all know Aldo will have the advantage there.

One thing I will say tho.. Conor is very strong. There was a point in the fight where Chad tried to muscle him and got nowhere.

I'll have to rewatch to give you the exact moment.

That being said, if anybody has a link to the fight video please drop it:feedme:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You guys gotta chill with the fixed comments. After a few of those kicks you could clearly see Mendes struggling for air.

Also those takedowns likely sapped him more than McGregor.

That said I think it was the best UFC card I have seen in terms of fight quality, production and time in between fights.

Lawler and Rory put on a show.

Zuffa had a good night. Hard to say otherwise.