Ubisoft is in early development for open world Star Wars game

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Everyone keeps saying "ubisoft" and rightfully so, but this is the team behind Division 2 which has put together a pretty great free-roam world with Division & Division 2. I'm not going to be surprised if this turns out to be good.

It's also worth noting that Ubisoft just published Fenyx Rising that's getting pretty good reviews.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
So are they just throwing Jedi Fallen Order in the bushes?

I actually liked the idea of a sandbox per world, more than just one big massive open world.

Respawn(owned by EA) made JFO, Disney is likely ending EA's exclusivity soon and letting multiple studios make SW games.

JFO was too successful to not warrant a sequel, expect JFO2 in the next couple of years.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imagine if they allowed Naughty Dog to make a Star Wars PS5 exclusive game

:wow:

Meh, I’m more interested in seeing this rumored space/horror game they are doing rather than tie them down with a Star Wars license.

I just want a developer that can give weighty, limb severing combat....shyt, sucker punch would have been better. But again, I’d rather they just give us new and original IP’s.

I don’t want great 1st party smaller studios to only make licensed games. I’m glad insomniac still gets to make ratchet and clank and they aren’t the spider-man studio now.

EA and UBI have like 15 studios so its nothing for them to make a Star Wars game while still releasing 10 other games a year

Daps
Meh, I’m more interested in seeing this rumored space/horror game they are doing rather than tie them down with a Star Wars license.

I just want a developer that can give weighty, limb severing combat....shyt, sucker punch would have been better. But again, I’d rather they just give us new and original IP’s.

I don’t want great 1st party smaller studios to only make licensed games. I’m glad insomniac still gets to make ratchet and clank and they aren’t the spider-man studio now.

EA and UBI have like 15 studios so its nothing for them to make a Star Wars game while still releasing 10 other games a year
ND could be working on two new IPs
Two developers got recently promoted to game director
ND was also already working on game before this

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everyone keeps saying "ubisoft" and rightfully so, but this is the team behind Division 2 which has put together a pretty great free-roam world with Division & Division 2. I'm not going to be surprised if this turns out to be good.

It's also worth noting that Ubisoft just published Fenyx Rising that's getting pretty good reviews.

ya...after misjudging immortal fenyx rising which I’m totally enjoying, I am definitely going to give this a chance...wonder what year it’s coming out