Reppin
Continental U.S.
200_s.gif
:umad:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
but the thing is
people who are disappointed seem to have this "i wish the movie was more Scorsese than Claremont" shyt :mjlol:
its comic books!!!
i swear they make a Topcat movie i'll step in this forum and see some bullshyt :deadmanny:
I don't think anyone is looking for "Scorsese".......and I feel like this argument is invalid also because we've had been fed amazing comicbook products, both in comicbook form and in movies. Guardians was better, Cap 2 was better, Daredevil was better and IMO Avengers 1 was better.

And AOU was nowhere near Clearmont

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
fam...
you my muthafukka man. when it comes to real sit down and focus your entire attention on the movie type shyt i look to you to see what you think

this is comic book movie shyt man!!!!!
comic books!!!!!
the same shyt where a muthafukka could die and be brought back to life in the same issue man!!!

break shyt
destroy shyt
keep shyt somewhat true to the comics
it shouldnt be this fukkin complicated!

i dont even be giving a fukk what the story is
if you can REALLY sit down with a straight face and tell me that that Hulk vs Hulk Buster fight wasnt poppin then...

you know what? it dont even matter. enjoy shyt for what it is

I could get with that thinking if it were the 90s breh lol but they get good filmmakers to do these things. They don't make them to just be shoddy or half ass. When I'm saying the movie has issues with it from a storytelling standpoint or character standpoint that's not me wishing it was an Oscar nominated film that's me wishing it was a competent film because that's what movies or any piece of narrative should do at bare minimum. Like I said it's not a bad movie at all but it's got some issues and some of those issues are basic things that any movie should get right

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
story can be great
but overall its about the action
PERIOD
these aint no goddamn Oscar worthy flix
theyre supposed to be fun
and it be lookin like some of you muthafukkas REFUSE to wanna have fun! :deadmanny:
i leave Avengers and me and my 6 year old choppin it up talkin bout the scenes we loved
I LOVE THAT

That's also the difference fam. You're taking your kid to see it so as long as he's good you're good. I'm taking my damn self to see it lol. I'm not there for a kid so I can't see it through their eyes. But then again I'm the same kid who knew he disliked Mario bros when he was 6 so what do I know. I'm saying basic storytelling should be a part of any movie breh and joss whedon knew this which is why he was doing all he could to distance himself from it when it dropped.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I don't think anyone is looking for "Scorsese".......and I feel like this argument is invalid also because we've had been fed amazing comicbook products, both in comicbook form and in movies. Guardians was better, Cap 2 was better, Daredevil was better and IMO Avengers 1 was better.

And AOU was nowhere near Clearmont
this my thing
and you can feel me on it or not, its cool im not on here to dawg muthafukkas out
but Avengers Age of Ultron was straight
wasnt the greatest thing in the world considering the first Avengers left folks like myself with jaws dropped seeing all these characters on screen like that for the first time
but see me... i appreciate what these people are doing
tryna salvage an Ultron story thats nothing like the books
bringing in the Vision, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver
incorporating that Hulk could possibly fukk your world up shyt in there
its comic book shyt
ultron is just a villain
fukk ultron
i never give a shyt about the villain in ANY fukkin movie cause for the most part the villain LOSES!
people need to start enjoying this shyt before it fades
seriously

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That's also the difference fam. You're taking your kid to see it so as long as he's good you're good. I'm taking my damn self to see it lol. I'm not there for a kid so I can't see it through their eyes. But then again I'm the same kid who knew he disliked Mario bros when he was 6 so what do I know. I'm saying basic storytelling should be a part of any movie breh and joss whedon knew this which is why he was doing all he could to distance himself from it when it dropped.
all im sayin is the story telling from the SOURCE material is shaky!
you cant really sit back and expect these movies to be out and out overall flawless!

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
all im sayin is the story telling from the SOURCE material is shaky!
you cant really sit back and expect these movies to be out and out overall flawless!

I think it depends on who you reading breh lol don't sell these cats short. And on top of that they don't take these things straight from source material anymore. They adapt. If you as a writer feel like days of future past has some issues in its storytelling then you improve on it. Age of ultron was already off of its source material but that's not the issue breh. I'm talking story 101; you don't write your characters out like they did with Thor then put them back in like that. You don't take shortcuts on character stuff. When they do that in comics we tell them it's trash so why give them a pass in movies?

Bottom line breh I'm not mad that you loved the movie, I'm glad you did and I'm glad your son enjoyed it. That's real shyt. I feel like loving or liking something goes a lot further than disliking or hating something and constantly litigating why. The first avengers wasn't high art but it was dope as hell and managed to get the basic bits of storytelling right where this one kinda fumbled. They all can't be home runs; this is a single, maybe a double. Either way it's a good productive at bat but it'll ultimately be forgotten about in the box score or the ESPN highlights

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I think it depends on who you reading breh lol don't sell these cats short. And on top of that they don't take these things straight from source material anymore. They adapt. If you as a writer feel like days of future past has some issues in its storytelling then you improve on it. Age of ultron was already off of its source material but that's not the issue breh. I'm talking story 101; you don't write your characters out like they did with Thor then put them back in like that. You don't take shortcuts on character stuff. When they do that in comics we tell them it's trash so why give them a pass in movies?
cause it just is what it is
i expect flaws
i dont dont get upset about flaws
you gotta really wreck some shyt to get me to be like "how could they?!"
im just happy to see these characters on the big screen
that all folks
i mean shyt compared to the shyt we once had this is MAGIC!

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I guess some people are happy with mediocrity.

And :mjlol: at not caring about the villain. The villain is just as important as the hero.

Without a compelling villain it makes the film or comic utterly pointless because theyre the driving force of what is happening in the story. If i cant believe in the villain, i cant believe in the story,if I cant believe in the story then who gives a fukk about it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
cause it just is what it is
i expect flaws
i dont dont get upset about flaws
you gotta really wreck some shyt to get me to be like "how could they?!"
im just happy to see these characters on the big screen
that all folks
i mean shyt compared to the shyt we once had this is MAGIC!

Lol that's Kevin smith's viewpoint and I feel that. I'm not mad at you for feeling that way. But that's just not how I rock with any movie breh I don't care if you're a comic book flick an Oscar flick or Rambo 3. Flaws are expected but this one, for me, didn't do enough to mask over the flaws. Like I said, they all can't be home runs man. They got a single, on to the next guy in the rotation. I'm still looking forward to civil war and everything after it, this one was just okay to me and I didn't rock with it as much as I thought I would or like I wish I could.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The movie is an 1hr and 30mins :dead:

shyt is gonna be BAD :snoop:
:mindblown: since when is a movies length a direct correlation to its quality.

The movie very well may be bad, but its running time will not be the reason. You can tell a cohesive well done story in that time.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:mindblown: since when is a movies length a direct correlation to its quality.

The movie very well may be bad, but its running time will not be the reason. You can tell a cohesive well done story in that time.

Breh, they did 3 months of reshoots and are telling a origin film. It's nearly impossible to tell a good superhero origin film in an 1hr and 30mins.

Interesting bit of trivia. Based on Krystal's list of shortest superhero films:

Elektra------------96 minutes
FF: RotSS--------91 min
Jonah Hex--------81 min
Catwoman-------104 min
Daredevil---------103 min--------theatrical
X-Men: LS--------104 min
Spirit--------------103 min
Ghost Rider 2-----95 min
X-Men-------------104 min
Punisher 2--------103 min

The highest RT score for a superhero film with a running time under 100 minutes is 17% (Ghost Rider 2).

Can FF beat that mark?

It was originally 2hrs+ but FOX cut a lot of it out even after reshoots which is a very concerning sign. Add in the fact that the review embargo won't be lifted until 2hrs before the movie is released and the director has been blackballed/fired before the movie even dropped. Yeah... :trash:

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Breh, they did 3 months of reshoots and are telling a origin film. It was originally 2hrs+ but FOX cut a lot of it out even after reshoots which is a very concerning sign. Add in the fact that the review embargo won't be lifted until 2hrs before the movie is released
The reshoots were unsubstantiated rumours which the director himself has denied happening. There is no actual proof that reshoots ever took place.