U.S. Drone Strike Said to Have Killed Ayman al-Zawahri, Top Qaeda Leader

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@88m3 negged me because I pointed out that entire populations have been suffering due to our policies and terrorist attacks have gone up, not down? :dahell:

You had 16 comments in here and not a single one had even acknowledged the negative impacts that our drone policies have had on regular people, no matter how much evidence has been provided to that effect. THAT is the only thing we have been discussing - how much our response has had the opposite of our intended effect.

I mean your avi is a fukking carpet bombing. You're so resolutely committed to your ideology you don't want to even discuss the facts of where it has led us.

Not from the posts I'm reading through and we've got guys going to extraordinary lengths to eulogize one of the masterminds of 9/11 and make him out to be this victim

Straight up lie - not a single one of us has done that.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@88m3 negged me because I pointed out that entire populations have been suffering due to our policies and terrorist attacks have gone up, not down? :dahell:

You had 16 comments in here and not a single one had even acknowledged the negative impacts that our drone policies have had on regular people, no matter how much evidence has been provided to that effect. THAT is the only thing we have been discussing - how much our response has had the opposite of our intended effect.

I mean your avi is a fukking carpet bombing. You're so resolutely committed to your ideology you don't want to even discuss the facts of what it has led us.

Do you think the police from Kenya, Indonesia, and Spain should fly to Kabul and slap the cuffs on him?

You're being a complete jackass btw

The forum has talked about drones this shyt ad nauseum since SOHH. One of the most recent cases and threads I remember reading about was some f'd up Syria operation and a dam where everyone lied to each other in the cain of command including the lawyers. Why are you acting like people aren't aware of it? It's 2022.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not from the posts I'm reading through and we've got guys going to extraordinary lengths to eulogize one of the masterminds of 9/11 and make him out to be this victim
No one has done that in this thread. If you won’t have a serious conversation, then there is no point.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Do you think the police from Kenya, Indonesia, and Spain should fly to Kabul and slap the cuffs on him?

You're being a complete jackass btw

Do a search on this thread and look at your posts so far. Then do a search and look at mine. Deflate yourself for a moment and look at it from the position of an objective observer, who had not ideologically committed to one position or the other. Tell me which one of us that observer would think has been thinking about US military policy seriously and critically, and which one is being the jackass.

The forum has talked about drones this shyt ad nauseum since SOHH. One of the most recent cases and threads I remember reading about was some f'd up Syria operation and a dam where everyone lied to each other in the cain of command including the lawyers. Why are you acting like people aren't aware of it? It's 2022.

Well I'm not from SOHH, and when the exact same fukking problem is continuing I don't stop talking about it cause someone else talked about it 10 years ago.

Your statement did encourage me to do a search and see how nuanced your input on drones has been in the past. Not exactly surprising results.

2012:

I hope we kill a lot of people.

Of course it poses a slight moral issue.

This is a war though after all.

I don't know what the policy is but I would imagine we don't just use drones on anyone.

2013:
Aren't they treating each other worse anyways?

I agree people just enjoy being outraged.

2014:

Please the US uses kid gloves on Muslim countries.

2015:

Right. If it wasn't America it would surely be someone else.

:yeshrug:

I know I'd prefer it to be abroad than worry every time I got on a train/plane etc.

:sas2:

Pentagon plans to increase drone flights by 50 percent

I cant taste the apostate blood wafting from the FEMA camps

:blessed:

2016:

Takbir! May Allah grant our reapers many martyrs.

:blessed:

bang bang anywhere gang

Obama got drones on deck

:salute:

You also have a lot of info-dumps posting full news articles on drone attacks, most appearing celebratory but some ambiguous and left uncommented on. If you had any qualms about it, you didn't express them.

Damn, after a decade of all this nuanced, compassionate, in-depth insight, I can see how you would think the matter to be settled. How care anyone accuse you of not being informed on American failings and not having compassion for other human lives!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@88m3 I did find one statement from you, back in 2014, that appears to show an iota of human empathy hiding in that kickass warmonger exterior you use here. But there was no comment on policy, no follow-up, just the barest acknowledgement that these policies might be destroying children's lives.

I remember this winter there was a congressional hearing(no congressmen or senators showed up btw) and children from waziristan spoke and said they were afraid to go outside unless there were clouds because that's when the drones didn't fly.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

I mean your avi is a fukking carpet bombing. You're so resolutely committed to your ideology you don't want to even discuss the facts of where it has led us.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No one is saying 9/11 didn’t happen or it wasn’t a big deal or traumatic. it was terrible. I went to high school 5 miles from the pentagon and we lived through that.

The issue is the US has inflicted multiple 9/11s a day to regular people in that region and the Middle East who did nothing but happen to live under or around crazy people for over 20 years, and we can’t see that they are people too and have suffered irreparable harm as well.
war is bad, yes

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Do a search on this thread and look at your posts so far. Then do a search and look at mine. Deflate yourself for a moment and look at it from the position of an objective observer, who had not ideologically committed to one position or the other. Tell me which one of us that observer would think has been thinking about US military policy seriously and critically, and which one is being the jackass.

Well I'm not from SOHH, and when the exact same fukking problem is continuing I don't stop talking about it cause someone else talked about it 10 years ago.

Your statement did encourage me to do a search and see how nuanced your input on drones has been in the past. Not exactly surprising results.

2012:

2013:

2014:

2015:

2016:

You also have a lot of info-dumps posting full news articles on drone attacks, most appearing celebratory but some ambiguous and left uncommented on. If you had any qualms about it, you didn't express them.

Damn, after a decade of all this nuanced, compassionate, in-depth insight, I can see how you would think the matter to be settled. How care anyone accuse you of not being informed on American failings and not having compassion for other human lives!
A lot of Americans sadly think war is fun. Its only because the US hasn't been invaded since the War of 1812 and no one is alive from that.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Nah you should have peacefully protested and came to a peaceful resolution

:popcorn:
This was the same of insane insular debate these “anti imperialist” lefties were doing with the Vaush last night. It’s worth a watch. Vaush was like look bush broke everyone’s brains cause Iraq was so irrational but Afghanistan had to be dealt with and every response was “but what about drones”. Vaush then says ok so if we send in guys more people die and they’re like well we’re anti interventionist and don’t have moral authority or some bullshyt. Whatever. These dudes want utopia before justice. They don’t even have the 🥜 to say they wouldn’t retaliate.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
A lot of Americans sadly think war is fun. Its only because the US hasn't been invaded since the War of 1812 and no one is alive from that.

Not just fun, but even "funny". The exact words of the shyt we were talking about was "unprecedented psychological trauma", and his response to a decade of receipts of him treating the situation like a video game was to make another joke about it.

They still haven't addressed the suffering of the civilian populations that we're doing this to.

They still haven't addressed the evidence that it's driving MORE people to the terrorists.

They still haven't addressed that there's been a heavy INCREASE in terrorist attacks since we started doing this.

They still haven't addressed that we have a history of creating these cycles where the manner in which we've chosen to get one guy keeps creating the next guy over and over.

They still haven't addressed the alternatives I suggested.

But they have cracked jokes and gloated about American military superiority like it was a sports team they were rooting for. Plenty of energy for that.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Not just fun, but even "funny". The exact words of the shyt we were talking about was "unprecedented psychological trauma", and his response to a decade of receipts of him treating the situation like a video game was to make another joke about it.

They still haven't addressed the suffering of the civilian populations that we're doing this to.

They still haven't addressed the evidence that it's driving MORE people to the terrorists.

They still haven't addressed that there's been a heavy INCREASE in terrorist attacks since we started doing this.

They still haven't addressed that we have a history of creating these cycles where the manner in which we've chosen to get one guy keeps creating the next guy over and over.

They still haven't addressed the alternatives I suggested.

But they have cracked jokes and gloated about American military superiority like it was a sports team they were rooting for. Plenty of energy for that.
What’s the alternatives?