Tyrant (FX Series/Official Thread)

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just saw the pilot. Like others have said they followed The Godfather template a little too closely in that episode. :ld:A lot of issues with this one- The kids and wife were clueless and annoying as fukk. If I had a gran-pops that ran an entire country more than likely I would be an expert on that country and at least visited a couple of times. And wouldn't the American government be all over dude since he's the son of a Arab dictator? The lead character is lifeless. Develop him more before he has an episode where he doesn't talk and doesn't give a sh*t. The brother raped everybody in the pilot. Too many white people- I guess this is for white audiences which will lead to a predominately white family leading an Arab country:dahell:. Are they even Muslim?

-I'mma watch another episode but its sketchy and suspect so far

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw the pilot. Like others have said they followed The Godfather template a little too closely in that episode. :ld:A lot of issues with this one- The kids and wife were clueless and annoying as fukk. If I had a gran-pops that ran an entire country more than likely I would be an expert on that country and at least visited a couple of times. And wouldn't the American government be all over dude since he's the son of a Arab dictator? The lead character is lifeless. Develop him more before he has an episode where he doesn't talk and doesn't give a sh*t. The brother raped everybody in the pilot. Too many white people- I guess this is for white audiences which will lead to a predominately white family leading an Arab country:dahell:. Are they even Muslim?

-I'mma watch another episode but its sketchy and suspect so far

Not uncommon for wealthy Middle-Easterners to marry white American or European women. I'm more annoyed about the naivity they are giving the family. No way I wouldn't know about some shyt like that if it was my family. No way dude ever takes his family there if his childhood was that bad.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
barry3l6k6t.gif

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The premise and setting seemed interesting as duck and enough to keep me around. A godfather type story set in a war torn middle eastern country sounds dope. The execution is what's lacking. As everyone has said, they fukked up with the family.
Idk how many shows are gonna have bratty kids and a naive bytchy wife surrounding their main characters, but in this contexts, it's even worse. I can't even attempt to understand how naive they are. My dad is from East Africa and hasn't been back in years. If me and him went there in a similar fashion to the main characters and he told me we needed to get the hell out of there. I would never even think of questioning him.
I'll just chalk it up to badly written characters and a lack of understanding of the situation. I'll probably give it another few episodes simply because of the premise or setting. But I don't have high expectations, especially if they keep it more drama focused instead of politically centered.