Tyrant (FX Series/Official Thread)

cook

Banned
Daps
not feelin it brehs. its an interesting plot but the characters are absolutely terrible.

main character - terrible casting and a boring stiff
wife - typical complaining ungrateful bytch and completely naive
son - not only a batty boy but he's a more annoying version of a dana brody or kim bauer. he even did his best daughter from taken rendition
daughter - cant even remember anything about her other than she hated everything and wanted to go home
brother - :snoop: a poorly acted modern day joffrey

i'll give it a few more tries but my expectations are pretty low

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After a month of looking forward to this, all I have to say is, :what:

Who wrote this shyt?

Naive wife wants son of dictator to connect with his dad. Even naive white women aint that dumb :snoop:

Gay son chooses violent middle-eastern dictatorship to play around not ignorantly realizing his piece might end up in the mouth of his severed head.

Family knows who the grandfather is and choose to come. No way I'm going to any family shyt if I know i'm in Sadam Hussein's family. That alone is far fetched.

There is potential, but they need to get rid of this American family angle immediately.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who wrote this shyt?

Naive wife wants son of dictator to connect with his dad. Even naive white women aint that dumb :snoop:

Gay son chooses violent middle-eastern dictatorship to play around not ignorantly realizing his piece might end up in the mouth of his severed head.

Family knows who the grandfather is and choose to come. No way I'm going to any family shyt if I know i'm in Sadam Hussein's family. That alone is far fetched.

There is potential, but they need to get rid of this American family angle immediately.
The daughter is the smartest one on the show and she'll probably end up letting some dude shyt on her

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Sammy is not only a douchebag but also a fakkit. :ughh:

How can Bassam's wife be so fukking naive and ignorant? Does this bytch not know how to use google?

This dude Jamal is fukking a man's wife while he's right outside his bedroom with his two kids. :wow:

This dude checks if his son's bride is pure or not. :krs:

Bassam is a stonecold killer.

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
FX got the game on lock right now and the pilot was interesting enough for me to see where this goes.

Bassam's wife and kids kind of flaw tho. Never known a woman so eager to mix it up with the side of the family that's straight gooning. You think she'd have peeped how unsafe it was and be ready to leave, especially since her kids are there, but the reviews for the rest of the season got her pushing Bassam to step into that godfather role:what:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Who wrote this shyt?

It's a TV SHOW, not reality. :youngsabo:

I'ma continue to watch. :ehh:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I will say there's a ton of potential if they can have a political focus to this show, on some West Wing (or Middle East Wing
islamicdahell-png.1440
) type shyt, while playing up the back door dealings and corruption as well:manny:

cook

Banned
Daps
I will say there's a ton of potential if they can have a political focus to this show, on some West Wing (or Middle East Wing
islamicdahell-png.1440
) type shyt, while playing up the back door dealings and corruption as well:manny:

doesnt sound like thats going to happen. they're comparing it to soap operas :why:

from Sepinwal's review of the first 4 episodes

"Tyrant" is aiming to be a complex political drama ripped from recent headlines. (There are, at various points in the four episodes I've seen, references to or stories modeled on the Arab Spring, Benghazi and the recent turmoil in Syria.) What it unfortunately plays like is a Middle Eastern version of "Dallas," with Barry as the good son reluctantly coming home to clean up his family's ugly way of doing business, and his older brother Jamal (Ashraf Barhom) as the villain ruled by his temper and his libido.

The family's attitude is at times awkwardly mirrored by the show itself. There are life and death stakes, on both an individual and international level, and yet "Tyrant" feels too casual too often, even as people are being shot, raped or tortured. Some of that falls on Barry being presented in such a passive fashion, but too often the show treats its complex, dangerous setting as window dressing for soapy, ineffective personal drama.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
doesnt sound like thats going to happen. they're comparing it to soap operas :why:

from Sepinwal's review of the first 4 episodes

"Tyrant" is aiming to be a complex political drama ripped from recent headlines. (There are, at various points in the four episodes I've seen, references to or stories modeled on the Arab Spring, Benghazi and the recent turmoil in Syria.) What it unfortunately plays like is a Middle Eastern version of "Dallas," with Barry as the good son reluctantly coming home to clean up his family's ugly way of doing business, and his older brother Jamal (Ashraf Barhom) as the villain ruled by his temper and his libido.

The family's attitude is at times awkwardly mirrored by the show itself. There are life and death stakes, on both an individual and international level, and yet "Tyrant" feels too casual too often, even as people are being shot, raped or tortured. Some of that falls on Barry being presented in such a passive fashion, but too often the show treats its complex, dangerous setting as window dressing for soapy, ineffective personal drama.
That's what I was expecting after this first episode:manny:Seems like it has he potential for some True Blood, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy level popcorn fukkery, doe:blessed: