Tyrant (FX Series/Official Thread)

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Basan is Michael and Jahmal is Sonny.
This was obvious all the way back to the steam room scene where Barry comes up with an actual plan instead of just beating the nikka up. They even had the hot head son going out in a car related scene and the emotional bedside convo with the ailing father:beli: It's just the first episode but I can see this show just being a bunch of played out tropes glued together. Western society meets Middle Eastern society, I tried to get out but they pulled me back in, trying to raise a family while dealing with a whole different life on some Sopranos shyt, etc. Barry being the one to pull the trigger back in the day was the only some what interesting plot point but I'll need to see them flesh that out before I think of it as more than just a :ohhh:moment. This show might be good for some good ol fukkery, tho:patrice:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She should have got a back hand on the plane talking about divorce and shyt cause he wants to bounce.
If I'm anywhere with somebody's family and they give me the :patrice:"It's time to go" I'm leaving.

Beginning of the episode the daughter was talking about them burning posters of his pops. His brother just let off shots in the middle of a reception. If your husband, someone that hasn't been home for 20 years is freaking out and is trying to get the family home, shut the fukk up and go. You talking about divorce, on some I don't know who you are anymore just because he wanted to leave :wtf:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show might be good for some good ol fukkery, tho:patrice:
Yeah, just because it's created by the guy that did Homeland, after the first episode I had the :ohhh:

I could tell from that episode the acting was top notch and I really wasn't sure where it could go.

This, I know he's gonna struggle with accepting the power, eventually take it, and probably towards the end of the season his brother comes back and there's a struggle for power.

Might just be a show to get entertainment.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don't give a fukk about critics, haven't watched this yet. What is The Coli's opinion? Yay or Nay?

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The whole divorce thing seemed like a lazy way of showing they'll have marital problems all season, but imagine being married to a dude that kept the beli impression all the time

We're going to visit my parents:beli:

fukk the Ace of Spades, these ain't our seats:beli:

We ain't staying at my parents palace, we booked a Motel 6:beli:

Get out the pool little nikka, we gotta go:beli:

I ain't tryna dance at this wedding:beli:

My dad's dead:beli:

We going, going, back, back to Cali, Cali:beli:
Don't back talk me lil nikka:beli:

I told y'all we shoulda hit up Sea World instead of coming here:beli:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole divorce thing seemed like a lazy way of showing they'll have marital problems all season, but imagine being married to a dude that kept the beli impression all the time

We're going to visit my parents:beli:

fukk the Ace of Spades, these ain't our seats:beli:

We ain't staying at my parents palace, we booked a Motel 6:beli:

Get out the pool little nikka, we gotta go:beli:

I ain't tryna dance at this wedding:beli:

My dad's dead:beli:

We going, going, back, back to Cali, Cali:beli:
Don't back talk me lil nikka:beli:

I told y'all we shoulda hit up Sea World instead of coming here:beli:
By the end of the season everything is gonna be followed by a backhand and a :ufdup:though

Don't give a fukk about critics, haven't watched this yet. What is The Coli's opinion? Yay or Nay?

Fred.

:ld:

Pilot is like a 6'8 tweener, I can see it going either way. shyt could be a Kawhi Leonard or Derrick Williams

I say go for it :manny:

Edit: Thinking about it a little more, I doubt the show gets its act together and becomes what it could be.

I can see it being that somewhat entertaining show where crazy, ridiculous shyt happens that make us go :beli: and every once in a while something happens that has us going :wow:

Maybe like a better Walking Dead or one of the okay-solid seasons of Dexter

Last edited:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

If you already have a stacked tv schedule, then it isn't worth keeping up with imo.