Tyler Perry’s final bid for BET falls sorely short of $3B asking price

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
VH1 and BET are dead, if I was shari I would sell them, they have no value anymore, especially now tht vh1 nor mtv are music focused.
I know they have to keep the share prices up, so the SEC wont force viacom and CBS to split.
I heard they were contemplating selling star trek to a group heading by Seth Marfarlene as well.
Reality TV is in a good position right now all things considered. There's some potential here, just have to see how everything shakes out

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think BET and VH1 are a package deal. That explains the price.

I still think BET has value. I believe BET should take the ESPN approach and do mainly live shows.. Debating and discussing current music/entertainment stories as they happen. It’s the only way to compete with online content.
You don't really need a live show to do that and the only show that fits that description in black entertainment is 106 & Park, which requires buy in from the current entertainment industry landscape so that might be tough. Wild'n Out is alive and kicking so that could help tho. ComicView was rumored to return again but I don't know if it would take off in the current landscape.

Honestly BET has already done the live entertainment shows and gotten rid of them. I'd have to do research on why they got rid of them but it seems like whatever issues those shows had before would happen again today with even less chance of success

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
You don't really need a live show to do that and the only show that fits that description in black entertainment is 106 & Park, which requires buy in from the current entertainment industry landscape so that might be tough. Wild'n Out is alive and kicking so that could help tho. ComicView was rumored to return again but I don't know if it would take off in the current landscape.

Honestly BET has already done the live entertainment shows and gotten rid of them. I'd have to do research on why they got rid of them but it seems like whatever issues those shows had before would happen again today with even less chance of success

BET has never had a show like First Take. BET has NEVER presented their hosts in suits and dresses to discuss current topics.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bet is not worth three billion.

Bet is not worth 50 mill at this point.

Miss me with the bangladesh vpn pig and goat turbine powered web farm fraud valuation made lie.

Art Barr

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
There was BET news and tavis smiley...:what:

Is that what I’m talking about?

I said BET should take ESPN format. Does that sound like Tavis Smiley?

There should be a hip hop First Take.

There should be a hip hop Pardon The Interruption.

I’m not talking about no fukking news show :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
BET has never had a show like First Take. BET has NEVER presented their hosts in suits and dresses to discuss current topics.

I don't think this is what BET needs at all...

And how would this separate or elevate them above online content creators that are doing podcasts or other curated content?

Something like 106 atleast has the advantage of being an established name with a niche that hasn't been fulfilled since it's been gone.

Shows like first take and PTI work because ESPN is by and large the most credible and powerful platform in sports. BET doesn't have that same advantage or stature.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
I don't think this is what BET needs at all...

And how would this separate or elevate them above online content creators that are doing podcasts or other curated content?

Something like 106 atleast has the advantage of being an established name with a niche that hasn't been fulfilled since it's been gone.

Shows like first take and PTI work because ESPN is by and large the most credible and powerful platform in sports. BET doesn't have that same advantage or stature.

I think they would most likely bring in those content creators your speaking about. Mix them with actual journalists like a Elliot Wilson or even his wife :manny:

I would like to see them show live podcasts and interviews as well.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think they would most likely bring in those content creators your speaking about. Mix them with actual journalists like a Elliot Wilson or even his wife :manny:

I would like to see them show live podcasts and interviews as well.
That's actually a good idea :ehh:

That way you co-opt their fanbase, ESPN does something similar with their shows, and just did it with Pat McAfee

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

You said specifically they never had hosts in suits and ties to talk about current topics which was a lie...:mjlol: I was being specific

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Back when they had one of the few spots to look at music videos I maybe wouldve been rocking with a $1B valuation but they have nothing relevant.