Tyler Perry’s final bid for BET falls sorely short of $3B asking price

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
gtfo.. this old white lady is aware that BET will be worth much more once its bought by one of these brothers. So she's trying to bake its future value into the sale. There's nothing on BET currently that justifies a 3B sale. Perry already has a good stake in the most valuable part BET+. May as well just keep it pushing until she's gone or it switches hands again.
When buying a network isn't it more about the infrastructure than the current shows?

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
When buying a network isn't it more about the infrastructure than the current shows?
Tyler Perry has a content deal so he's invested in building the network as it is. She's selling the future of the company and the infrastructure. I'm just saying she knows its not worth 3B as it is so she knows they're planning on investing in it. Even with the infrastructure the value hasn't really increased since they bought it. As well, like the article mentioned, there's bonuses coming if it becomes minority owned that she wouldn't get.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
I think BET and VH1 are a package deal. That explains the price.

I still think BET has value. I believe BET should take the ESPN approach and do mainly live shows.. Debating and discussing current music/entertainment stories as they happen. It’s the only way to compete with online content.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

Paramount boss Shari Redstone — whose father Sumner Redstone paid $2.7 billion for BET in 2000 when the media empire still operated under the Viacom banner — is expected to decide whether to accept or reject the lowball offers in the coming days.

If you account for inflation, Paramount is still losng money on that deal.

Perry and Allen should come together and buy the company.
The “Madea” creator has offered $2 billion for BET Group — whose properties include cable channels BET and VH1 along with the BET+ streaming service — to meet Paramount’s final bidding deadline last week, according to insiders.

“I’ve heard he is at two or under two,” a source close to the situation told The Post.

The underwhelming bid from frontrunner Perry — who already owns a 25% stake in BET+ and has private equity backing for his offer — further raises doubts as to whether BET will get sold at all.
On one hand, Perry’s lowball offer leaves the door open for another suitor, the comedian-turned-media-mogul Byron Allen, who put in a bid of roughly $2.7 billion, according to one source close to the auction.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
gtfo.. this old white lady is aware that BET will be worth much more once its bought by one of these brothers. So she's trying to bake its future value into the sale. There's nothing on BET currently that justifies a 3B sale. Perry already has a good stake in the most valuable part BET+. May as well just keep it pushing until she's gone or it switches hands again.
That’s how valuation works

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I thought he already owned it. I was out here happy for the man after the purchase I thought he had secured. It may be worth $3 billion because you've got to consider BET streaming that comes with it. And wasn't this purchase for BET and VH1? I don't know, I haven't been following it.