Tyler Perry’s final bid for BET falls sorely short of $3B asking price

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
VH1 and BET are dead, if I was shari I would sell them, they have no value anymore, especially now tht vh1 nor mtv are music focused.
I know they have to keep the share prices up, so the SEC wont force viacom and CBS to split.
I heard they were contemplating selling star trek to a group heading by Seth Marfarlene as well.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
If they don't sell to Tyler for $2 then they're insane. He's basically been propping up their streaming service singlehandingly. Has a quick turnaround rate on shows with a diehard dedicated fanbase.

He could legitimately turn it around into at least something noteworthy again.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
if Tyler gets petty and pulls all of his shows and movies from BET and their streaming, they are going to be screwed.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It aint about how much it's worth it's about how much someone is willing to pay for it. She's gonna end up taking it eventually though. Tyler Perry getting $150 million a year just for his content alone.
if Tyler gets petty and pulls all of his shows and movies from BET and their streaming, they are going to be screwed.
If he does what network he gonna negotiate with to put it back up on? He'd just be shooting himself in the foot devaluing the company that he has a 25% stake in. He just needs to ride out the contract until next year I'm sure they'll come to him and accept the offer.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It aint about how much it's worth it's about how much someone is willing to pay for it. She's gonna end up taking it eventually though. Tyler Perry getting $150 million a year just for his content alone.

If he does what network he gonna negotiate with to put it back up on? He'd just be shooting himself in the foot devaluing the company that he has a 25% stake in. He just needs to ride out the contract until next year I'm sure they'll come to him and accept the offer.

Netflix???

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn. Can't say I disagree tho.

Ppl wish they had his power and access to do better than just the cliche black shows he puts out.
And these people would be who? Bob Johnson stated many moons ago, nobody is interested in black upliftment and he's right. Tyler Perry sin't overpaid, he's giving the audience what they want.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
And these people would be who? Bob Johnson stated many moons ago, nobody is interested in black upliftment and he's right. Tyler Perry sin't overpaid, he's giving the audience what they want.
No. Black ppl are more than just the good/evil black church crowd but still ratchet shows TP puts out.

When something different comes out it's usually well received.