Tyler Perry’s final bid for BET falls sorely short of $3B asking price

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Black ppl are more than just the good/evil black church crowd but still ratchet shows TP puts out.

When something different comes out it's usually well received.
Bullshiit. BET had all types of diverse programming that no one watched. When it became ratchet is when it gained a real following. Bob Johnson stated this moons ago. And socirty has ony gotten worse.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Tbh those shows never got properly promoted when they was out.
i don't know about that. BET would promote the hell outta shows like The Quad but y'all lamed out.

The issue is that you have all these great shows for Black audiences and they seem to be everywhere BUT BET, to the point where BET is mooching off Paramount's merger with Showtime and airing The Chi and Twenties. That I don't know how you fix. TV won't be that centralized anymore unless you get a dikk Wolf /Chuck Lorre running much of your content (and BET thinks they have that with Tyler Perry)

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
3 billion is fair considering the 325 mill ebitda.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Tough luck, he should wait it out. The price is only gonna keep falling. BET practically walking dead right now

Exactly.

Paramount is trying to finesse him and cash out for an asset they can’t revive — despite the amount of manpower they have. Tyler gon fukk and pay 1.5 for it when this is all said and done. Even though VH1 is part of the deal it’s still not worth what they are asking.

And real talk, BET isn’t worth what they’re asking. Not with 3 or even 2. I don’t even think MTV as a brand is worth that and Paramount has left it to rot at a time when they should be putting more energy into it

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Exactly.

Paramount is trying to finesse him and cash out for an asset they can’t revive — despite the amount of manpower they have. Tyler gon fukk and pay 1.5 for it when this is all said and done. Even though VH1 is part of the deal it’s still not worth what they are asking.

And real talk, BET isn’t worth what they’re asking. Not with 3 or even 2. I don’t even think MTV as a brand is worth that and Paramount has left it to rot at a time when they should be putting more energy into it

I would buy VH1 and put alot of new music videos out there and retro stuff they have in their archives... and use BET for films and tv & news...:ld: but he should NOT be paying no 3B...:hhh: plus with all the advertising they get on cable the channels can sustain itself you just gotta give people a reason to watch,

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
There are more posts on this site about Tubi than we ever see about BET.

Other than the awards shows, the network and platform ratings are minimal. And the catalogue is largely made up
off Comic View with Free and AJ, Donny Simpson and Cita wrap-around segments. They don't own all of those old sitcoms that
have been running during the day - they are licensed.

Btw, anyone dumb enough to pay $3B for BET then also has to fund operations and programming for
at least five years. This is how big media companies like iHeart and Audacity wind up debt-ridden with nowhere
to go but down.

Paramount is desperate to sell its assets, so buyers should hold out as long as possible.