Tyler Perry Makes History Again

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
This is like expecting a toddler to learn how to build a house overnight.

You can't be THAT untalented in storywriting and direction and expect to all of a sudden make the flip you all want him to make.

At some point, he's got to deliver on what everyone thinks hes holding back on.

I think he will but only time will tell....and as a matter of fact black folks in general need to get the hate out their hearts and try to start having some faith in our own.

Also when i said brand i wasn't really referring to his personal brand but more of what i think he could represent. Not just as a black director but as a black movie mogul with his own successful fully independent movie studio and then able to employ other black writers, directors, etc...who may be more talented than him to give them a shot they would otherwise never get. I guess i see a bigger picture than most but in the meantime he's doing damn good for himself.

The quality of his movies is a subjective criticism but his films make money so financially, business-wise he's doing the damn thang and that is to be commended.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohlawd:

he makes what his audience wants (and pays for)...whats so hard to understand about this?

like any other product on the market it's up for critic, what's so hard to understand this:skip:

Naw he ain't there yet, he ain't on no Steven Spielberg level of clout. He gotta get them gross numbers up per flick. Also people still really only know and recognize him stricly for the Madea movies but like i said its an evolution. I think at a certain point the smart play for him will be to wean off the Madea movie's while increasing these type of movies...do a few other genres too like comedy and horror, and get more white people as the focus of some of his movies instead of pigeonholing himself to the black demographic.

i think he is. he definetly proved that he could get people to theaters and buy dvd's plus he already have white people and other demographics attention. going to other genres before improving is main line would not be a good move. for one black women definetly ain't going to see a horror or scifi not even from him and if he goes in half ass to other genres he definetly won't pickup support from other demographics. what he needs to do is improve on his main line which would allow him to keep his base and still expand to black males, and other people instead of these one dimensional Jesus smite the wicked and reward the good the end trite fukkery he's putting out.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Black women have made this n!gga rich :wow:

But unfortunately he prefers the butthole of a man.

You will never catch me watching any of his black man hating sh!t :pacspit:
Do you think he will make the same amount of money if he made movies depicting black women as loud mouth rude women and every stereotype in the book? :rudy:

Uhhh, he does. They still watch his shyt. Problem is, he's the only one making "black" movies. But after reading a spoiler of the movie, I think the story makes a good point

Daps
Reppin
NULL
like any other product on the market it's up for critic, what's so hard to understand this:skip:

i think he is. he definetly proved that he could get people to theaters and buy dvd's plus he already have white people and other demographics attention. going to other genres before improving is main line would not be a good move. for one black women definetly ain't going to see a horror or scifi not even from him and if he goes in half ass to other genres he definetly won't pickup support from other demographics. what he needs to do is improve on his main line which would allow him to keep his base and still expand to black males, and other people instead of these one dimensional Jesus smite the wicked and reward the good the end trite fukkery he's putting out.

obviously not up for critique by you...since you cant even spell :manny:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:what: how can you niccas sit here and put down this brotha for making very successful films with an all black cast? Yeah ok he does perpetuate some stereotypes but I guess you would rather a white do it and get rich? HE OWNS and has full ownership of all of his films as well as owning his own studio that employs alot of people. Why hate this black man? He isn't waiting in some Hew to tell him to go, he is his own boss and Lions Gate only distributed his films, that's boss sh1t. He is eating the loaf and crumbs, it isn't just some accident that his studio caught on fire 2 times in less than 3 months.
Let him live n1ggers.

We b1tch and complain about culture thieving crackkkas being successful and white people supporting any bullsh1t that's white but as soon as a black man has his people fully supporting him we complain... Smh

We gotta want more then just being in the building. This is the same logic that Of Us use with Obama.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:what: how can you niccas sit here and put down this brotha for making very successful films with an all black cast? Yeah ok he does perpetuate some stereotypes but I guess you would rather a white do it and get rich? HE OWNS and has full ownership of all of his films as well as owning his own studio that employs alot of people. Why hate this black man? He isn't waiting in some Hew to tell him to go, he is his own boss and Lions Gate only distributed his films, that's boss sh1t. He is eating the loaf and crumbs, it isn't just some accident that his studio caught on fire 2 times in less than 3 months.
Let him live n1ggers.

We b1tch and complain about culture thieving crackkkas being successful and white people supporting any bullsh1t that's white but as soon as a black man has his people fully supporting him we complain... Smh

I'm not mad at his success...but as a consumer, I'm not compelled to support him.

Why does he get a pass because we're both "black?"

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
:whoa: that's my 2 favorite genres. "Fantasy" being my 3rd fav.
*checks skin color* yep still black....

Exactly. Women love horror.

Anyway my point was that he's definitely going to have to branch into other genres to get other demographics(ie BLACK MEN) onboard. Scifi and action, comedy and horror...him doing a "half-assed" job is subjective but lets go with that theory, plenty of ppl are paying money to see supposedly half-assed film making all day from all type of directors. Why the black community seems to see a need to constantly rip on TP is fukking mind-blowing to me.

Everytime i see a headline about TP here lately its all about him winning so i'mma keep it positive and believe in the brotha to the fullest. He's doing what works today for him and if he makes the right moves going forward i'm a firm believer in the ends justifying the means in this situation, especially if he ends up where i can see he's positioned too end up.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa: that's my 2 favorite genres. "Fantasy" being my 3rd fav.
*checks skin color* yep still black....

:upsetfavre:come on you know what i'm talking about, tyler perry wouldn't see 1% of what he's making now off black women if he made a scifi