Tyler Perry Makes History Again

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"It's also Perry's ninth movie ever to open over $20 million; the only two other directors who have that many $20 million debuts are Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis."

Tyler Perry...BLACK EXCELLENCE :blessed::salute:

Its an evolution. Build the brand and when you are the only black director with the clout of a Steven Spielberg he'll be able to make any type of movie he wants and ppl of all colors and creed will flock.

thants the thing breh, he already have the money and clout to make almost anything he wants but still insist on making these nonsense films.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
i wouldn't sit through a Tyler Perry flick if i was paid by the hour to do it. esp not one with Kim KarTrashcan in a leading role.

it's funny cos my chinese homegirl (who kinda thinks shes black lol) loves his movies. her fiance (white) REFUSES to go see them with her and she always calls me up begining me to go with her because he won't. :beli: i ALWAYS give her an excuse as to why i can't even though she offers to pay. i kinda feel bad but i just love flim too much to sit thru that trash filmmaking.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
thants the thing breh, he already have the money and clout to make almost anything he wants but still insist on making these nonsense films.

Naw he ain't there yet, he ain't on no Steven Spielberg level of clout. He gotta get them gross numbers up per flick. Also people still really only know and recognize him stricly for the Madea movies but like i said its an evolution. I think at a certain point the smart play for him will be to wean off the Madea movie's while increasing these type of movies...do a few other genres too like comedy and horror, and get more white people as the focus of some of his movies instead of pigeonholing himself to the black demographic.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
good for him.

Good for him and good for you and that avi picture. Didn't know you were holding like that.

dat+ass_39137f_3176612.jpg

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I got a homeboy in ATL who works at lennox mall and he says tyler perry paid him 500 dollars to tongue kiss for 30 mins. Had a limo pick him up and everything.

He got a text that simply read "ki$$es"

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Girl dragged me to this shyt. Movie was iight, very predictable tho. Its was on sum Sunday afternoon BET movie ish.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
"It's also Perry's ninth movie ever to open over $20 million; the only two other directors who have that many $20 million debuts are Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis."

Tyler Perry...BLACK EXCELLENCE :blessed::salute:

Its an evolution. Build the brand and when you are the only black director with the clout of a Steven Spielberg he'll be able to make any type of movie he wants and ppl of all colors and creed will flock.

Thats the thing though...he ain't even capturing minds like that.

I mean you don't even get glimpses of his potential or direction if this was even true.

Plus, I don't see other directors capitalizing off his success.

Your brand also includes your history. You can't expect people to just ride with you if you haven't built things in a particular direction.

Thats why I don't agree with anyone who uses that "hes going to take it left one of these days" types.

It NEVER happens.

That whole "brand building" argument starts from the beginning. Thats what makes Spielberg and Spike Lee and Fuqua who they are.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Naw he ain't there yet, he ain't on no Steven Spielberg level of clout. He gotta get them gross numbers up per flick. Also people still really only know and recognize him stricly for the Madea movies but like i said its an evolution. I think at a certain point the smart play for him will be to wean off the Madea movie's while increasing these type of movies...do a few other genres too like comedy and horror, and get more white people as the focus of some of his movies instead of pigeonholing himself to the black demographic.

This is like expecting a toddler to learn how to build a house overnight.

You can't be THAT untalented in storywriting and direction and expect to all of a sudden make the flip you all want him to make.

At some point, he's got to deliver on what everyone thinks hes holding back on.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a homeboy in ATL who works at lennox mall and he says tyler perry paid him 500 dollars to tongue kiss for 30 mins. Had a limo pick him up and everything.

He got a text that simply read "ki$$es"

:snooze:

bruh...in ATL? really?

with all the gay dudes running round there why would he have to pay a nikka to do this?

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
:what: how can you niccas sit here and put down this brotha for making very successful films with an all black cast? Yeah ok he does perpetuate some stereotypes but I guess you would rather a white do it and get rich? HE OWNS and has full ownership of all of his films as well as owning his own studio that employs alot of people. Why hate this black man? He isn't waiting in some Hew to tell him to go, he is his own boss and Lions Gate only distributed his films, that's boss sh1t. He is eating the loaf and crumbs, it isn't just some accident that his studio caught on fire 2 times in less than 3 months.
Let him live n1ggers.

We b1tch and complain about culture thieving crackkkas being successful and white people supporting any bullsh1t that's white but as soon as a black man has his people fully supporting him we complain... Smh

Daps
Black women have made this n!gga rich :wow:

But unfortunately he prefers the butthole of a man.

You will never catch me watching any of his black man hating sh!t :pacspit:
Do you think he will make the same amount of money if he made movies depicting black women as loud mouth rude women and every stereotype in the book? :rudy:
:deadmanny: