Tyler Herro

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
One of the three guys I'm looking at for the Sixers. High shooting potential, got the mechanics, clear touch and range. Forget his 3PT%, started the year really cold but has been 40% over his last 25 games. He's a 94%FT shooter. Could become an elite and versatile shooter in the future. Making 54%2PT is a nice indicator as well. Offers solid passing at the SG spot, willing ball mover, good bball IQ on both ends. High energy defender although he lacks tools.

Think there's high role player potential. Could become a solid starter someday.

What you think of Aaron Nesmith?

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
What you think of Aaron Nesmith?
Big fan of what I've seen of Nesmith, only thing is we obviously haven't seen a lot. If you decide to buy into the shooting he demonstrated, I think he can be very productive in the NBA. Big thing to me, and what I saw in Herro, is shot-versatility. Shot-versatility goes under-appreciated by a lot of fans. There are a lot of guys who can shoot 3s off-the-catch when they're open and make 40% of them. Versatility though, movement shooting, is what makes role players like Duncan Robinson and JJ Redikk so devastating offensively and dangerous. Nesmith can shoot it off-the-catch, off-screens, he can pump someone in the air and regather into his shot, and can shoot the pull-up a bit although you'd like to see that continue to develop.

He was 99th percentile on jumpers, 99th percentile on catch-and-shoot, 97th percentile off-screens, 97th percentile in DHO, 74th percentile off-the-dribble. That's an amazing shooting package for a 20 year old.

The guy made over 50% of his 3s on really high volume and we gotta remember the line was further back this year :wow:

The way I see Nesmith, I don't see why he can't become sort of JJ Redikk+. People love to pick Nesmith apart for things Redikk can't do either. Redikk can't defend, he can't attack the basket, etc. People praise Redikk as a passer, and he's a better passer than Nesmith for sure, but JJ's career 2apg indicate he really isn't some dimer, he gets assists very very rarely.

In today's league being a transcendent shooter can override those flaws. Even at 35 years old, Redikk is a very valuable guy who's been getting 20ppg/36 since 2013-14 on 60+%TS and had a long playoff streak as a starter to back him up.

Given that Nesmith is 6'6" with a 6'10" wingspan and a better athlete, his potential to become a better defending, better finishing, better rebounding, better in transition, etc. version of Redikk is a really nice ceiling in a weak draft.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I don't really think he was right just bc of how bad that comparison was. Just picked a random white guy that could shoot his ass off. Kyle Korver in his dreams couldn't break nikkas off the dribble like My Herro

I agree but he actually had some type of breakdown based on actually watching him rather than just saying naw he's trash like other posters usually do

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Big fan of what I've seen of Nesmith, only thing is we obviously haven't seen a lot. If you decide to buy into the shooting he demonstrated, I think he can be very productive in the NBA. Big thing to me, and what I saw in Herro, is shot-versatility. Shot-versatility goes under-appreciated by a lot of fans. There are a lot of guys who can shoot 3s off-the-catch when they're open and make 40% of them. Versatility though, movement shooting, is what makes role players like Duncan Robinson and JJ Redikk so devastating offensively and dangerous. Nesmith can shoot it off-the-catch, off-screens, he can pump someone in the air and regather into his shot, and can shoot the pull-up a bit although you'd like to see that continue to develop.

He was 99th percentile on jumpers, 99th percentile on catch-and-shoot, 97th percentile off-screens, 97th percentile in DHO, 74th percentile off-the-dribble. That's an amazing shooting package for a 20 year old.

The guy made over 50% of his 3s on really high volume and we gotta remember the line was further back this year :wow:

The way I see Nesmith, I don't see why he can't become sort of JJ Redikk+. People love to pick Nesmith apart for things Redikk can't do either. Redikk can't defend, he can't attack the basket, etc. People praise Redikk as a passer, and he's a better passer than Nesmith for sure, but JJ's career 2apg indicate he really isn't some dimer, he gets assists very very rarely.

In today's league being a transcendent shooter can override those flaws. Even at 35 years old, Redikk is a very valuable guy who's been getting 20ppg/36 since 2013-14 on 60+%TS and had a long playoff streak as a starter to back him up.

Given that Nesmith is 6'6" with a 6'10" wingspan and a better athlete, his potential to become a better defending, better finishing, better rebounding, better in transition, etc. version of Redikk is a really nice ceiling in a weak draft.

I used to think Bertans was just some regular shooter who had high percentages on low volume when I used to look up Otto Porter on the shooting charts. What I ended up seeing this year on the wizards is someone who's one of the most ridiculously good shooters I've ever seen with that shot versatility you speak off. Dude has some crazy range too. Pulls up from almost half court regularly and has the other teams :dwillhuh::mjtf::mindblown: one time pulled up on Golden State from the left corner near the half court line and had Kerr looking at him like :wtf:

It has me looking at players as more than percentages on their shots. It made me wonder what kind of shots they were taking. What kind of volume they can get up. What sort of range do they have... What sort of pressure they put on teams.

Looking at Klays success, then Devin Booker, then Tyler Herro. There's something to be said about these sharp shooters who are around 6 7 or so having good size at the wing. If JJ Reddikk had that size he'd be a beast.

I think Aaron has some dog in him to become more of a two way player. Amazing shooting package. Only thing I question is the knocks you mentioned people had against Reddikk specifically his handle and finishing at the other levels which Devin Booker, Murray and Tyler Herro are demonstrating more which is elevating them to the next level. But it's something which Klay is succeeding without. Reddikk succeeded without. Korver..

I'm convinced about everything else. Now it's just whether he can ramp up to do some of the things these other guys can do away from the 3 pt line. I expect him to put up numbers.

I'd be :lolbron: the whole time watching teams scrambling to defend him, Beal and Bertans on the three point line especially since they aren't stand still shooters.

Who do you like between Nesmith okoro and vassell?

Last edited: