Twitter will charge $20/month for a blue check. Team tasked with implementing it has until November 7th

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Come on man he's gonna charge the king of England, ted cruz, Madonna, Jermaine Dupri, some president in Indonesia or whatever, not to mention our own president, $ 20 a month?

:bryan:
if they dont pay, some one can impersonate them and say wild shyt, and there would be no way to prove their innocence
this is devious

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.
when everybody is super, no one is... :wow:

Daps
Elon is not serious about running this company.

He never wanted it. This fool cac was trolling twitter owners and they said bet, and made him take it anyway:mjlol:

This is one of the biggest L's of the century and he's mad about it which is why he is lashing out, firing execs and refusing to pay them their money and now trying to ruin the UX for users while also making twitter programmers miserable.

He's been had and it's eating him up so he's trying to make everybody else miserable to try to fill that empty $44 billion hole in the middle of his heart :mjlol:

I think his intention is to run twitter into the ground purposely as some twisted kind of :umad: to the creators and former owners to try to get back at them, cause he's too stupid and immature to realize that they don't care cause it's his problem now.

He will never recoup his investment and he doesn't want it, so what's the next move? To shut it down, which he can't just shut it down tomorrow without blowback so expect for wild and crazy decisions to come down that will make people want to stop using it. Trump will be back on it by next weekend, Mark my words:pachaha:

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
Right. It will just help misinformation spread more easily as people won’t be able to differentiate between real and fake accounts.

I suspect journalists will just have their companies pay. It’s worth $240 to Woj/ESPN to ensure no one hijacks their digital voice and as you mentioned Twitter is still the number 1 way news is spread. Some celebs will do the same for the same reason. But some won’t and will just leave the platform. Elon is playing a dangerous game with this one. He’s creating the perfect storm for a new social media platform to swoop in and take Twitter’s spot. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dorsey does just that. :francis:
Plot twist: Musky secretly creates this new platform and covertly pulls the strings from the shadows.:troll:

The intent will be to make it bigger and better than twitter ever was, and simultaneously crippling them in the process to appease his Dark Lord Donald....but will find some way to fukk it all up, costing shareholders billions while somehow only taking minimum damage himself, convincing even more people to doubt there is a God, and if there is he certainly isnt a just one.:wow:

Those of us who know better and keep the faith will be aight though and he will get his in the end.:blessed:

Author's note: No i dont believe this douche bag is some evil genius. In fact i highly doubt there is even a slim chance this is the case at all. The idea just made me chuckle and i thought i would share it. fukk Elon and anyone who loves or supports him.

Last edited: