Twitter will charge $20/month for a blue check. Team tasked with implementing it has until November 7th

earl n water

Southern Hustle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FLOR1DA
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.

Elon is turnin' into Syndrome from The Incredibles.

Ole "and when everyone's super...no ones super" face ass cac.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I think there is other features with twitter Blue I'm not an expert, I'd never pay for twitter.

I'm sure plenty of people will convince themselves that it's worth it to keep the blue check for their business etc/newsrooms will probably pay for their journalists to maintain if they don't just go full backlash. the problem is gonna be when they start selling it to the average joe and the standards for verification go out the window because all that matters is bringing in revenue.
I can see newsrooms paying for one maybe two people to do this shyt. Nobody is allowing money from the budget to go to 5 to 10 journalists to have a verified Twitter.. That would be an incredible waste of money. These news organizations are getting cheaper and cheaper.. they’ll throw Twitter in the bushes before putting like 10 or more journalists on this plan.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.
Whose paying?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low self esteem people whos whole world and personality is defined by twitter and their twitter presence ce. Who gloat having a blue check but really be a low level nobody will absolutely pay to keep their fantasy world alive. Id say a majority of blue checks are them folks. People u never hear about outside of twitter.
Is that demographic going to be enough to produce billions? Millions will just be a decimal to a company as big as twitter

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Good, it’s taking away their power. Blue-checks are mostly liberals who tweet anti-black male tweets with no recourse. It probably makes it easier to flag egregious tweets as well.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Good, it’s taking away their power. Blue-a checks are mostly liberals who tweet anti-black male tweets with no recourse. It probably makes it easier to flag egregious tweets as well.
Don't be so naive. This will help boost actual racists, especially of the scientific racism variety.