Twitter will charge $20/month for a blue check. Team tasked with implementing it has until November 7th

hatealot

Banned
Daps
That is a necessary expense though.. Paying to have a blue check on Twitter is not a necessary expense. I wonder if he will change his mind if people just migrate to another platform.. I mean there’s more out here to choose from than Twitter. These corporations go where the people are it’s not the other way around.
It is a expense because when twitter first came up, it went straight to corporations and media. I can remember seeing them force it down mainstream media. They had a strong push and was on good morning America and every major news outlet. It wasn't natural or organic. The check is now being a value or signficiance.. now we almost 15,20 years of social media dominance. Some people Only respect the check. Thus it's a business.

Statistics show people will listen more to a verified user than a non. It's money.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.

It was always meaningless

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They want you to pay a yearly fee for being who you are?

Do you guys even realize how fukking outrageous this is?
:what:

I hope nobody pays this bullshyt cash grab.
You're not paying for anything! You're not paying for a service. What service is being offered here?
You're not paying for a product because if you were, you'd have ownership of the product.

This is ridiculous. I can't believe so many people just passively accept this bullshyt.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
people don't attempt to fraudulently acquire or impersonate meaningless things. :comeon: .

just because you don't see its value doesn't mean others don't.

authentication is inherently valuable.

I’ll rephrase. It’s always been meaningless to me

bnew

Veteran
Daps
That is a necessary expense though.. Paying to have a blue check on Twitter is not a necessary expense. I wonder if he will change his mind if people just migrate to another platform.. I mean there’s more out here to choose from than Twitter. These corporations go where the people are it’s not the other way around.
it's necessary for anyone who doesn't want to be impersonated, it's necessary for anyone who loses potential income because scammers siphoned off supporters/customers. it's necessary if someone or an organization doesn't want someone tarnishing their name/brand and dealing with fabricated controversial tweets.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
you gonna find out which of these suckas really value their little status symbol :lolbron:
elon-musk-laugh-laugh.gif

Cashing in on clout. This is a great idea. You still have to be verified, but once it’s been determined that you’re worthy of a blue check, you’re paying $20/month.

:ehh:
3nSqkf.gif

bnew

Veteran
Daps

You're not paying for anything! You're not paying for a service. What service is being offered here?
You're not paying for a product because if you were, you'd have ownership of the product.

This is ridiculous. I can't believe so many people just passively accept this bullshyt.
plenty of people are who they are without verification badges, some even using their real name. the verification badges appeal to a different kind of userbase.
check out all those profiles that say something along the lines of "this is my only account", that's who will pay for verification.

The Observer

All Star
Daps

You’re paying to have a verified voice/identity on a platform of that reaches and influences millions(billions?) of people across the world.

People are in their own bubble…too focused on posting their memes and debating interracial relationships….thinking this is ridiculous, rather than seeing the bigger picture lol

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re paying to have a verified voice/identity on a platform of that reaches and influences millions(billions?) of people across the world.

People are in their own bubble…too focused on posting their memes and debating interracial relationships….thinking this is ridiculous, rather than seeing the bigger picture lol
Nonsense.
If you aren't paying for a service or a product you are being scammed.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

lHiNk00.gif