Twitter is going in on Diana Ross's family photo

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't see the problem. Looks like a nice family enjoying themselves.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Breeding that black out :wow:

What wealthy blacks have been doing for generations. Same ole story.

And to think Diana Ross was from the projects and at one point considered to be the complete opposite of Lena Horne.
Word? I need to read up on my Diana Ross history.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I know Creole families down here in that hate for the family to date darker. :scust:

A lot of Creoles around Diana Ross's age and older hate dark skin more than CACs
Louisiana Creoles are stern when it comes to that. It seems once they leave their Creole colonies, they become a little more liberal. Would they prefer their children date other Creoles, or is the goal ALWAYS to "lighten the race Even more" via marriage to non blacks period?

230px-Reden%C3%A7%C3%A3o.jpg

:manny: That's what they want?
That placage art piece always has me staring for a long time. It's so powerful and sad, to the point of hilarity. I can't help but laugh or think everytime it's posted.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I brought my girl to Christmas brunch and she brought up the same thing. All my new cousins were damn near white. She mistaked my mixed cuz for Mexican. One of the newborns has blue eyes/pale as fukk and the other one my daughter called her "white girl" :snoop:

I had to step back like :ohhh:
Like being in the Twilight Zone. Little by little it happens and one day you're at a family reunion confused.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
some of you on here are looking at your futures. you'll be the last "Black" in your family pictures generations from now. then you'll become a rumor, a "dirty little secret." Whispers about a great great grandfather being a Black man or something like that.
I've never thought of it that way. This is lowkey terrifying.

:picard:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I wonder where some of these posters are from because there is no way anyone would call someone with 2 black parents not black. Its mind blowing to me. I guess when you reach a certain level of fame, you are no longer black to these weirdos. SMH

nah. just further proof that this place is crawling with MGTOW/INCEL weirdo sociopaths that are completely detached from reality and don't really interact w/people offline :manny:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
these muthafukkas are weird as hell that's what.

she has caramel complected brown skin, and if anything slightly darker than that

the only people who would call her "light skinned" are people that aren't black, plain and simple :manny:

Im really trying to figure out if that nikka trolling or not? He is talking like he has a personal grudge,as if he was old enough to be around during Diana Ross prime and witness the colorism firsthand:patrice: Maybe she was considered lightskin for her era or "light enough" to be acceptable to cacs. But for her to be considered "light skin" never heard that before.