Twitter has officially removed all the blue checks from verified accounts

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Elon is about to realize he can't suck up to celebrities by giving them a blue check for free

The fact that he is still continuing the lord and peasant system like that means that he truly thinks some users are in fact worthy of a blue check over the people who are paying

Only a big simp would construe this as a win

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Watching grown adults debate about an emoji that costs $8 a month has been peak egoism and I'm sitting on the sidelines enjoying all of the fukkery.
I use Twitter to figure out what's going on right in that moment. School shooting, bombing, war, game highlight from two minutes ago i want to rewatch, something i missed etc etc etc. As Twitter was usually a good 15 minutes before any news of any kind. I don't have an account otherwise and was never interested in a blue checkmark.

BUT

When i would search Twitter I relied on the blue checkmarks, their profile info, and a few tweets here and there to help me figure out who I could trust in that moment for information or not.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Elon is about to realize he can't suck up to celebrities by giving them a blue check for free

The fact that he is still continuing the lord and peasant system like that means that he truly thinks some users are in fact worthy of a blue check over the people who are paying
Not necessarily worthy.

Just gullible. Some users are just more gullible than others and he is concentrating his resources on them

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Elon clearly has no social awareness. The celebrities and "influencers" having the check marks is what make it desirable for people who need that external validation. It's "cool" to be uncheckmarked now, he screwed up the whole system in record time.

Proof that street/social smarts is just as important as book smarts

edit: There's a reason people give free stuff to celebrities....because idiots are impressionable and will buy what they didn't have to
He overpaid and is desperate to make his money back. He failed before day 1

concise

Veteran
Daps
That site feels like it has jumped the shark. Whole vibe is a 4chaan/Tesla/SpaceX/Elon fukkboy circlejerk. My feed is beyond fukked up. Haven’t seen tweets from some of my fav follows in weeks.

it has separate tabs "for you" selected by the "algorithm" and "following" for the people you follow.

Of course "for you" is default when you open it now. :dry:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
yva38pCl.png