Twitter has 49 black employees in workforce of nearly 3,000

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Question I always ask is are we applying for roles, in STEM courses, or positions to be hired? How many interview positions do we go for seems like a more interesting element.

I think most times it's easy to look at these stats but forgot that initial question. Is it even bad if that's the percentage? Are we owed to be in the majority of employees there?

I have never liked these types of articles as it seems as if we are owed some shyt. Just sounds like we are begging
there are
Black people en masse qualified for and applying for these jobs. They're just not hiring. Ironic since Black people keep Twitter relevant.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
there are
Black people en masse qualified for and applying for these jobs. They're just not hiring. Ironic since Black people keep Twitter relevant.
has black twitter ever acknowledged this lack of black representation? and have they ever mentioned this Tributaree?? I personally had never heard of Tributaree until this thread. Maybe yall should make a thread about it. :yeshrug: Get the word out. We need our own and should support our own.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
kobe.gif
Not this thread again.

For the umpteenth time, the average White person is NOT tripping over himself/herself to interact with Black people. This applies to all facets of life i.e relationships, work, etc. They have no incentive to do so. Do you then think the people with the ability to make moves are going to be tripping over themselves to work with Black people? As always, rather than beg for integration, Black people should put more effort into building our own things. But nope, folks would rather complain about lack of diversity. :snoop:
i take it you didnt read the actual article and not to knock you off your soapbox but AAs arent begging to being tech they actually are begging us to go into the field.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
I think more than 10 percent of Black people are qualified to work for Twitter. I think the concept of talented tenth is vile racist/white supremacy garbage. I think that Black people make the most out of opportunities. Marva Collins has proven time and time again that you don't have to be a special snoflake to be educated or have a good job.
I really tire of this rhetoric especially considering this is an Ideology created and pushed by BiRacial black males to state that they were more competent in leading the Black race than their fully Black peers.