Twitter has 49 black employees in workforce of nearly 3,000

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
We have computer science degrees.

They don't know how we'd act if they allowed us to be truly represented in tech careers. ...and at social media companies.

We already are the engine that drives language and culture and music for planet Earth..... without controlling or being employed at the different platforms.

nikkas would get together and get to talking. .... and eventually create black anon groups and eventually hack shyt and eventually drop lil seeds of unbiased search results for certain news stories. ... try to push conversations to more accurately represent reality, and all sorts of random shyt.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
BTW one flip side to look at with these tech jobs is the interview process. If you look at the technical interview for these or ever been through one you will know that they are intense. You are basically grilled until you are broken for 4-5 hours. Not uncommon at a place like Dropbox, Facebook, or Google where the ELITE, those that live breathe sleep tech, are at.

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
BTW one flip side to look at with these tech jobs is the interview process. If you look at the technical interview for these or ever been through one you will know that they are intense. You are basically grilled until you are broken for 4-5 hours. Not uncommon at a place like Dropbox, Facebook, or Google where the ELITE, those that live breathe sleep tech, are at.

Word my boy had one of those for spotify where you had to turn in programming code sample to even be considered for the interview. And then the technical interview was like 6 hours where the grill you on everything programming and you can't fukk up. Getting into these big tech companies is difficult and you have to live and breath tech. My boys in tech constantly talk about it.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Havent used that site in ages.

If it wasnt for celebs using it then it would of been dead.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, this is definitely a multi-faceted problem.
  • Lack of Black schools with solid mathematics and science programs, leading most Black students to go toward more familiar liberal arts programs
  • Lack of Black students in CS/EE
  • Lack of Black students with high grades and/or a body of work in CS/EE
  • Lack of Black students willing to move across the country for a tech job opportunity
  • Lack of Black student social groups that are based around tech, programming, gaming, etc.
I have a friend who works at IBM and before that was at Google for an internship (he's very young), and his rivals academically and work-wise all have insanely good resumes + connections + Ivy League school status.
Its not as simple as its being out to be, and the issue all starts at home.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Word my boy had one of those for spotify where you had to turn in programming code sample to even be considered for the interview. And then the technical interview was like 6 hours where the grill you on everything programming and you can't fukk up. Getting into these big tech companies is difficult and you have to live and breath tech. My boys in tech constantly talk about it.

Yep

I had 8 interviews for Google and was flown half way across the world to Cali for the last few. It's no joke.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
Yet we use it religiously anyway. I've seen so many nikkas who have like 50k or even 100k tweets. Just another example of other races profiting off our mass consumption

Jatigi

Flagrant Hater
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
more than I would think honestly. I wonder how many of them are in a technical job.