Twitter had no growth in users last quater

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Twitter. is good for information but it's not a social platform like Facebook and Instagram. Twitter. is perfect. for. new stations and stuff of that sort. the regular man and woman won't find much use for Twitter.

for. example, my job center post new jobs on Twitter as well as job fairs and so forth.

that is what I think Twitter is good for.

my. issue is cats in YouTube trying to make a hour video about something someone can do on Twitter in one minute.

I would say YouTube is getting long in the tooth when people. are trying to find a bunch of ways to. come up.

a video game channel? that makes sense like a walkthrough.

but when people try to report the news then it gets tired.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Twitter. is good for information but it's not a social platform like Facebook and Instagram. Twitter. is perfect. for. new stations and stuff of that sort. the regular man and woman won't find much use for Twitter.

for. example, my job center post new jobs on Twitter as well as job fairs and so forth.

that is what I think Twitter is good for.

my. issue is cats in YouTube trying to make a hour video about something someone can do on Twitter in one minute.

I would say YouTube is getting long in the tooth when people. are trying to find a bunch of ways to. come up.

a video game channel? that makes sense like a walkthrough.

but when people try to report the news then it gets tired.
the thing with youtube is youtubers need to stay reverent because once they are irreverent it's a slow fall in the money

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
the thing with youtube is youtubers need to stay reverent because once they are irreverent it's a slow fall in the money

yeah I get it money but after a while it's a hustle. sitting on YouTube speaking all day.

rehashing the same stuff all day.

you has a dude murk some girl watching anti black woman videos all day, I think k it's a problem with the time invested in it.

I. prefer Twitter to get news and bounce.

I can literally use Twitter to replace CNN, msnbc and other news stations without sitting in front of the TV all day.

I think YouTube is a problem since it's so time consuming.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
yeah I get it money but after a while it's a hustle. sitting on YouTube speaking all day.

rehashing the same stuff all day.

you has a dude murk some girl watching anti black woman videos all day, I think k it's a problem with the time invested in it.

I. prefer Twitter to get news and bounce.

I can literally use Twitter to replace CNN, msnbc and other news stations without sitting in front of the TV all day.

I think YouTube is a problem since it's so time consuming.
:yeshrug: there a lot more that goes into youtube then making a simple vid they have to do shyt tons of editing and making sure hours of what they record is helpful.. at least the youtubers that make gaming content

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Everyone wants to be a victim
Everybody is now a social justice attention whore
Everyone uses real issues to support their own agenda for their own selfish purposes.
And dare you disagree with someone's opinion on twitter, next thing you know you have a bunch of angry people in your mentions trying to peg you as some sort of super villain.

Which is why I stopped using Twitter on a regular basis. I only use Twitter now mainly for news and sports related stuff. I don't have many followers (Idgaf) on Twitter and I'm so out-of-the-loop with "black Twitter" I have no real use for it.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've never had a twitter account.

I just never saw the value in it for me... because it's not like news that gets dropped on twitter isn't reposted/shared on the platforms I do use (Facebook, instagram, thecoli).

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you get outage news of various local utilities and online services on thecoli ?

twitter and instagram has a purpose which is determined by there millions of users. These services are used for different reasons by different people to reach different objectives and I say this as someone who doesn't have a Twitter or Instagram account but use twitter search on a weekly basis.
:heh:

If my local utilities are down/out I know about it because it's effecting me. I can confirm it by just using the app/site that they provide to confirm it. That's not something I would sign up for Twitter for at all.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Twitter added zero users last quarter
I have a Twitter account I've seldom used. Really outside of celebrity promotion, comedy / parody accounts, sports and news I never really got the point to Twitter. Even for celebrities it seems like Twitter ends up more often than not causing then more problems than anything.

Really what value does Twitter have for the common person? You can use Instagram and or Facebook to post pics and videos as well as status updates. I've always wondered what Twitter actually provides that's unique that either of those social media networks doesn't. It always seemed like a stripped down version of Facebook status updates to me.

I'm getting old though so I don't get half this stuff anymore.
Depends on your age group. I joined Twitter in fall 2009 as a junior in high school. By 2011 everyone in my HS had it. It was a giant chat room and was a blast. It dried up by 2014 though...all my friends got off it so I did too :yeshrug:

VH1PNUT was still hilarious though :pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Twitter is really good for fast breaking news. I've never realized it but like almost every "leak" or big news was usually hinted or dropped on Twitter and then posted elsewhere.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Twitter is pretty much the apex IMO. Everything you see on social media platforms....most of it comes straight from Twitter. The format is too perfect. I have friends that use tumblr that are constantly sending me memes and screenshots of shyt that come straight from Twitter. Facebook shares and images...straight from Twitter. Breaking news? Twitter 1st. There's a reason a nikka like Woj flourishes during the NBA season, and it's because he can get exclusive news, then break it on Twitter in a second. With streaming becoming a huge and accessible thing now, artists can post new music and interact with fans on Twitter with incredible ease.

And Twitter is insanely comedic. When Drake and Meek were beefing, we had corporations getting jokes off at Meek's expense. Whoever ran Hamburger Helper's account 2-3 years ago was godly with the social media awareness, pop culture references, comedic timing and putting it all together into 140 characters or less. When people air out their real life business on the TL and post receipts it sends Twitter up into everything is funny mode for hours.

I just find Twitter's value hard to beat right now. Only way Twitter goes away is if they charge a price for it.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't see Twitter going anywhere either. It's the best for breaking news in politics/sports/entertainment/current events. Look how powerful it was during the 2016 election for better or owrse.

Twitter's main problem is that its hard to pickup for people who don't know other people on the platform. FB and Insta, you can just port your contact list over from where ever.

Another problem is that in order to keep their active use numbers high, they allow for bot creators to use it however they want. More than half of the active Twitter accounts need to be wiped from existence.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
my problem w twitter is how much SJWism is on there

like all other social media platforms at least try to be neutral, but that particular one is so influenced by everything from that culture its kinda unbearable. and I know this comes off like an alt right post, but youd know what Im talking about after a second of being on that platform