Twitter had no growth in users last quater

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Twitter is only worthwhile for celebrities and specifically promo, but you gotta filter thru so much bullshyt to find who you actually looking for unless you have them favorited and the nikkas you have favorited be tweeting 100 times a day and you aint trying to hear that shyt either

Instagram is simple, Snapchat is simple, even FB is simpler. Twitter is a great blast from the past

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I kinda get Instagram. It's stripped down to pic posting and comments. I still think Facebook makes both redundant but to me Instagram has more value than Twitter. The thing I really don't get though is Snapchat.

Like I said I'm getting too old for all this crap. Too many different screen names and logins to do redundant stuff on multiple networks.

Facebook doesn't make Instagram redundant. Instagram lets you hide behind screenname and distance yourself from family.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
If you are seeking to get noticed I'd imagine it's frustrating. If you are looking for information and how people feel and think for the most part stripped of the cosmetics of editors, producers, etc twitter is where it's at. Twitter has easily accessible spontaneity and momentary truth that is absent in other forms of social media...

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Why do I need Twitter when I have thecoli?

:yeshrug:

you get outage news of various local utilities and online services on thecoli ?

twitter and instagram has a purpose which is determined by there millions of users. These services are used for different reasons by different people to reach different objectives and I say this as someone who doesn't have a Twitter or Instagram account but use twitter search on a weekly basis.

fdsfa

New Notification^
Daps
if you dont know why twitter is useful than you're an idiot , the average individual that just watches tv aint gonna have much use for twitter

i been using twitter since 2010 and networked with mad people and still do to this day

Daps
Twitter is overun with trolls and white supremacists.

I since divested all my investment in Twitter and focused on Facebook.

This. Once twitter allowed the Nazis to not only stay on there, but thrive, it was downhill from there. They'll be around, but will never truly grow. Someone is going to create a better social media platform by taking the shell of twitter in the near future and twitter is going to be done.

That said, the app was amazing. Still remember watching the Ferguson protesters' livestreams on there with CNN on the background NOT covering it. Realized that all news is bullshyt that day.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I got rid of Facebook about 5 or 6 Years ago and kept my Twitter. I just use it for Networking mainly, not as much for Communication though. I also just post dumb stuff on their too for Fun.:yeshrug:

Daps
EVERYONE WHO IS ATTRACTED TO THE CONTENT THAT TWITTER PROVIDES ALREADY HAS AN ACCOUNT. THEY CANNOT STEAL FACEBOOKS MARKETSHARE BECAUSE THERE IS A LEARNING CURVE FOR THIER USERS AND INSTAGRAM HAS A SIMPLE INTERFACE WHICH CAN BE UTILIZED BY ALMOST EVERYONE YOUNG AND OLD. TWITTER HOWEVER APPEALS TO THE SELF PROMOTERS WHICH IS WHY THERE IS SO MUCH NARCISSISM PRESENT ON THAT SITE. ANYBODY WITH A TWITTER ACCOUNT IS LOOKING FOR RECOGNITION IN SOME CAPACITY. THERE IS NO RECIPROCITY LIKE FACEBOOK WHERE WE CAN BE FRIENDS INSTEAD ONE HAS FOLLOWERS OR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN WHAT THE PERSON HAS TO SAY. THERE WOULD BE NO PURPOSE IN HAVING A TWITTER ACCOUNT AT THIS POINT BECAUSE THE HIERCHY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED, THUS MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO BE A SOMEBODY ON THAT SITE WITHOUT A COSIGN. TWITTER IS A PROMOTIONAL TOOL, NOT A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE. INSTAGRAM TO SOME DEGREE IS AS WELL DUE TO THE UNOFFICIAL MERGING OF BOTH SITES. "SOCIAL MEDIA" AS A TOOL FOR CREATING MEANINGFUL CONNECTION IS PRETTY MUCH DEAD.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Twitter is a giant cocktail party. Or the barbershop experience as a better example.

You can gather info, news, you can have laughs, talk about the big game etc. I've met some cool folks and great business connects simply off being active in live game/show hashtags. The real time element of it is a major tool, especially when it comes to news because you're hearing it from the people with feet on the ground not biased news stations. The Mike Brown Ferguson stuff was where Twitter shines.

Plus once you set up filters to block certain words and phrases you easily eliminate the bullshyt from your timeline