Twitter had no growth in users last quater

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I still don't understand the appeal of twitter and instagram:yeshrug:
I kinda get Instagram because it's like a scaled down youtube, But twitter was always a celebrity hype job.

People forget, the users like Kim Kardashian blew them up. (IMO she's the one that pushed them to the next level.)

I've always seen Twitter in the same light of Myspace. Looked cool to follow celebrities, but once everyone starts to think they were a celebrity it got wack, plus the layout is trash.

They should be crushing Disqus and the like.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I mean Twitter is really good for info sharing (once you get past the bullshyt and advertising)

Instagram is great for heaux to get noticed :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I kinda get Instagram because it's like a scaled down youtube, But twitter was always a celebrity hype job.

People forget, the users like Kim Kardashian blew them up. (IMO she's the one that pushed them to the next level.)

I've always seen Twitter in the same light of Myspace. Looked cool to follow celebrities, but once everyone starts to think they were a celebrity it got wack, plus the layout is trash.

They should be crushing Disqus and the like.

This is the all-time worst description of Instagram I've ever seen :dead: :mindblown:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why do I need Twitter when I have thecoli?

:yeshrug:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
As mentioned Twitter is great for following for fukkery during live events ( ie awards shows and big sporting events), but for the average user there really is no draws.

And as mentioned if you don't have a lot of followers you are not getting that interaction that keeps you coming back.

I use it to keep up on NBA and movie news though

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Expand breh. I'm open.
You just compared a video sharing website to something primarily known for sharing images. Yes they added videos a few years ago but still. Calling Vine (RIP) a scaled down youtube would have made sense.

I just do not see any parallels between the general concepts of either site.

Tom Foolery

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
You just compared a video sharing website to something primarily known for sharing images. Yes they added videos a few years ago but still. Calling Vine (RIP) a scaled down youtube would have made sense.

I just do not see any parallels between the general concepts of either site.
It uses the same method of posting visual content (pic/short vid or long vid), and a comment section for that content.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It uses the same method of posting visual content (pic/short vid or long vid), and a comment section for that content.
Who gos to youtube for pictures??

You can say that fundamentally all social media consists of posting content with the ability to like/comment/favorite it as well as follow/friend, but that still doesn't make it a great comparison.

Tom Foolery

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Who gos to youtube for pictures??

You can say that fundamentally all social media consists of posting content with the ability to like/comment/favorite it as well as follow/friend, but that still doesn't make it a great comparison.
Pictures are visual content.

And You can say that fundamentally all social media consists of posting content with the ability to like/comment/favorite it as well as follow/friend. That's why it all falls under social media.